1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

261B Water Pump Code

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Louies, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Louies

Louies New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello guys, my name Louies and i am a new prius owner well used prius owner at that. I have a 2014 Prius V that was a former taxi that was given to me by a good machanic that passed away because of covid. It had 330,000 miles and now is 347,000 now the water pump went. Since i was close to home i use the ev mode to get back. I brought a new water pump and installed it. Since when i was trying to get back by clearing the codes since it wont move when the hybrid message is on. Now because of the amount of times i had to clear it, 261B code is now a historic code but the car is working like it should. So i wondering if there is a fuse i can pull to get rid of the code from the ecu memory or do i have to drive around so the ecu can do its testing and than it will turn off by it self after multiple tests comes out successful? Thanks

2. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    What code reader are you using?

Louies likes this.
  3. Louies

Louies New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    i was using a ELM 327 along with Torque pro but i already installed the water pump and now the issue is fixed. Thanks for trying to help

Tim Jones likes this.
  4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Great.....