1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 3 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]521010[/snapback]</div>
    It would not surprise me if this were a sting operation to snare copyright violators. In Los Angeles County police officers and sheriff deputies regularly solicit for illegal transactions on Craig's List and similar internet venues.

2. jimwelmhurst

jimwelmhurst Junior Member

One more data point in the saga: I burned a successful hybrid DVD using the LOADING.KWI from the 3.3 DVD I got with my 2004 Prius and the 6.1 DVD I bought ($250) from my local Toyota dealer. The old Volume+hidden buttons override works and it can read all the new map data.

Took 3 tries: first coaster from a burn that errored out; second from an iso created with ImgBurn using the 5.1 loading.kwi so kindly posted by pillpusher84 on toyotanation.com. The Nav could read the map data from that one, but wouldn't load the firmware (something like "insert correct map disk" and a bunch of Japanese). Third (good) one was from an iso from WinImage directly from my 6.1 DVD with the 3.3 loading.kwi "injected". (I also injected a modified VERSION.TXT just for fun, inspired by dmckinstry. Thanks!) I burned it with Nero 7 Essentials on a Memorex DVD+R DL with a Pioneer DRV-111D at 2.4X (though I doubt any of that matters).

I really expected the second one - with 5.1 firmware - would work. I understand that firmware was from an '05 - which I thought was the same gen 4 hardware as my '04. That file was a different length - 48,082,944 bytes vs the 52,234,240 for both my 3.3 and 6.1. I have no clue whether that's relevant. I built that iso from a directory of extracted files using ImgBurn. Looking at it later, the files weren't in the same LBA order as on the iso that worked. In particular, loading.kwi is the first file on the DVD (after 2 directories) on the good DVD; not so on the one that didn't work. That's probably relevant.

Many thanks to all who contributed to this project!

Jim

3. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Update: Well, it doesn't work completely. After doing a little more testing some parts work and some important parts don't. Most notably, you cannot enter new addresses, etc. for directions. Old places stored in memory work and you can get GPS coords, but you can't do a PoI search or Address search. When you try either of those the unit just sits there and the picture of the region to be searched goes blank. My guess is the index files have changed and the old loader program can't read them properly.

All these years later this still works with the latest versions for Nero and WinImage. I used my original 4.2 disc and a new 11.1 disc and was able to keep my original LockPick Ultimate working.