1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

299,999+ Mile Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by usbseawolf2000, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Txiguy

Txiguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok guys, latest update about me and the prii; as of today 2pm I got 293,1XX on the clock and was hoping to join the 299+ club sometimes very soon.
    I stopped by the company this morning and saw a 2012 wagon was painted and getting wired in the shop, when I was waiting to cash out my credit card payments also keeping an eye on a manager to talk to him about the new car, one of the owners of the company walked out of his office approached to me and said " I appreciate the good work and so far considering 3 drivers for the new car and you are one of them, early next week we'll make decision" he smiled and walked out.
    I was happy but kinda sad because that meant parting with my tired but reliable old girl. But oh well this car served me very well never left me stranded but if it's time it's time. I'm making my living off of these cars and every time I shop the car I'm loosing money, so new car means less time in the shop.
    If I don't get that new car I know pretty soon they will get a batch of 5 or 10 of em, so definetely next time I will get one.
    I'll keep you guys posted.

2. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    UPDATE: 436000 Spoke to a representative at toyota marketing, told them of my achievements, although they were quite pleased, they said that they were not interested in seeing how far the batteries will go or last. With that said as of now I will still keep u guys posted. Havent made up my mind what I want to do. My mind says trade, my pocket says wait. I have no complaints whatsoever with my 2009 Prius. Again whatever my decision I appreciate again the encouragement and advice.

3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Why not keep driving it until 500K? That will be great achievement. (Not saying what you have done so far isn't great already.)

4. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    As of now I will continue to drive, most likely I will go for 500k, who knows maybe even longer. Like I said before when something new comes out it's not like we need it, it is more like we want it, and it's very hard alot of times to overcome desire more than necessity.

5. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  6. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great news!

BTW, do you feel the car body stiffen than before? I wonder what effects the super high mileage has on car in general. Other than consumption parts, what has changed over the two years?

7. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Nothing has changed since I brought this prius. It drives the same way from when I bought it. She needs another wheel alignment, I think it's time for some struts she's starting to creek a little in the front. Other than that she treating me real nice.

8. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yep, at 400k+ miles, a lady deserves new struts :)

9. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is this the first time to change struts? How about shocks in rear?
    Sorry I might missed your maintenance list before.

BTW, for this kind of super long daily driving, do you have to buy a special insurance? I mean, your insurance company might think that your chance of being in an accident is much higher than average. I am just guessing...

10. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Both front and rear are original. Dont need special insurance, however I raised mine to 100/300000 in stead of I believe 25/50 Quick story went to dealer to inquire about prius v, they called me 2 days later and said they got word that a gentlemen in texas has 500,000 and still on original battery not aux, dont know if they are bluffing to get me to trade if anyone has any info, please let me know.

11. qdogfball

qdogfball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am at a loss as to why you are looking for a vehicle. Is there imminent failure? Why not just use it until it goes apart.

Why do you keep going to a dealer for a new car?

Why not buy a used GEN II with low mileage?

I know there are some with under 50,000 miles in Deland / Daytona for under $18,000.

12. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Why are u at a loss for me. I never said I was looking for a new vehicle. As a matter of fact I reported that there is nothing wrong with what I have. I did not go to the dealer to buy a new vehicle, I went because I was curious to how the prius v looked and to get a test drive, but u have to play the game. I do not want a used gen 2 for that I will keep what I have. Now as I said in my previous post if I do decide to get a new vehicle it will most likely be out of desire and not want. I appreciate your concern for me. UPDATE. 437350 Also while im here keep in mind that parts on this prius are a lot more expensive than less say a toyota matrix.

13. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think he is just getting bored driving the same car EVERY DAY for VERY LONG TIME. That's something you and I can't really feel.

But I would suggest to refresh the car in certain ways, such as:

Use fake flowers/leaf/fruits/stuffed animal to decorate the interior, make it like Rain Forest Cafe;
    Add some LED lighting inside and bottom of the car;
    Add some sound proofing material to make the noise low;
    Change to a softer suspension to make the ride even better, at a little cost of MPG;

If I spend that much in my car, I will definitely do something about it.

14. babybird

babybird Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I was a chauffeur, I drove 400-600 miles per day, 7 days a week. I did that for 5 years, so I put quite a lot of miles on a car. It was almost always a Lincoln Town Car, even though it wasn't always the SAME Lincoln Town Car. Did it get boring? Yeah, at times it did. But it never got annoying.

In that case, there's very little I can do to the car to make it fresh since A.) it wasn't my car, and B.) the car is there for the client, not the driver. But I did justify carrying a small satellite radio with me that I'd install every day because the client benefited from that (and as it happens, so did I when they weren't in the car:rockon: ).

15. qdogfball

qdogfball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Its cool.. just wondering.. understand that you need to have some fun :)

16. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If there is such a person, he's keeping really quiet about it for some reason. This and some accounts on john1701a's website is the closest we've got to an official scorecard for this kind of thing. Does a record count if you don't tell anybody about it?

17. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sorta like the aged old question of "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear/see it, does it make a sound?"

Really there are TONS of people out there who drive their cars and don't report about it. THe 500k Prius guy could be older, not know about the internet, or not care about the internet.

Me personally-forums serve multiple purposes for me (mod ideas, group buy for better prices on mods, research typical issues, or just to make friends with guys who are just as nutty as me if not nuttier)

If I was my father's age now (he's 62) I might not care so much about internet ppl knowing about me hitting 500k...but then again in 20 years I'll still be posting so.....

18. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    UPDATE: 442030 Check engine light came on, went to advanced auto, they checked it free, said code p0441, something to do with emissions, did not find enough info other than gas cap. Drove it to miami still getting good gas mileage, light is still on they could not reset it. Any advice, dont want to go on a rabbit hunt, especially with the dealer. Original batteries still going strong.

19. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is an EVAP problem, for incorrect purge flow, but not likely gas cap related. The vacuum switching valve is a problem on older Toyotas, part number 2586021060. The only other things listed are vacuum hose leaks, wiring problems, or the charcoal canister vacuum switch/pump.

Sigh...after 430,000 miles, the car is finally starting to nickle and dime you with dumb little repairs.

2 people like this.
  20. 2 fas 4 u

2 fas 4 u Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Ok here we go. On my way home from miami, 3 bars down for gas get to west palm, since gas is high priced, I put 5 dollars in, I drive to exit 147 gas is always cheap at TA. I fill up tighthen gas cap to 1 click however I never noticed this but i heard the gas cap click back, so i did it again tight to 1 click and gas cap clicked back, so I extra tightened it, started car check engine light goes off, so far did not come back on, very strange. Can someone out there check there gas cap and tell me if it clicks back after u turn it 1 click. Thank u very very much.