1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2nd Annual San Jose Mercury News Hybrids to Hotrods Automotive Showcase 5/12/12

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by cwerdna, Apr 6, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    More info at http://hybrids2hotrods.com/.

Ok, who is going this time?

I went last year and did briefly meet Mr. Roadshow himself. I also got to test drive the Insight II, '12 HCH and Lexus CT last time. Hope they have some EVs for test drives and not just for show this time.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone? For some reason, it seems tough for me to get any sort of meet organized. :confused:

3. gasmiser1

gasmiser1 EV Wantabee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to attend early afternoon (not showing my LEAF-wife drives it to work). I have a few friends showing their LEAFs and Tesla :D, as well as the Lexus Club of NorCal.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll post up if going. Got your cell #, will call also.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I might see you there then.

I'm an Asian guy w/glasses in my 30s (not that it narrows things down much). I'll be wearing a cap, likely a "prius goes plural" t-shirt. Not sure if I'll be wearing jeans or jean shorts

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow this really snuck up on me! how is it that I just found out about it? Last year it was in July or August. This feels too soon haha.

I went to this last year and it was ok. I'm not into hot rods but it was cool to walk by them and look interested, LOL. If you wanna test drive Priuses or Lexuses it's also a good opportunity.

I won't be going tomorrow since I just found out and I'm pretty busy already. Plus it's a lot of the same faces/vendors there (not you guys) that I don't really care to see again.

Let us know how it goes and post pictures!

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Heh. I don't think I took any pics last time.

I'm hoping there were be some EVs to test drive. Last year the Leaf, Volt and HSH weren't available for test drives. :/ But, I've test driven the Leaf and Volt elsewhere before. They didn't even have test drives of the Fiat 500 but had the cars there.

It'd be interesting to try out a Coda and Mitsubishi i-Miev. But, I fear they might not be able if there's no charging infrastructure at the SJMN.

8. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So where r da pics?

9. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw cwerdna down there. Howdy Andrew.

Test drove CT200h. Ya. It's nice. Looks and feels so much more like a 'driver's car' than Prius. Comfortable, very nice little hybrid.

Test drove Insight and kept saying it didn't really seem like a hybrid. Gas engine didn't shut off once when stopped. Was running A/C, turned it off when stopped, ICE kept running, at least the tach showed it so.

I like some things about how the Insight drives though. Feel more like a normal car. Nice little low end kick off the line.

But, I like my Prius and I'm quite into working the HSI for better MPGs these days. :)

Forgot to go back to Toyota table and test Prius c. Key was out when I stopped by.

10. Jeff N

Jeff N The answer is 0042

Vehicle:
    2011 Chevy Volt
    I was thinking of going but had too many conflicts going on this year.