1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2nd Gen CT200h (2017 - maybe)

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by drash, Mar 9, 2015.

1. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since the original CT200h followed the Gen III Prius about a year later, I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the Gen II CT200h?
    Now that Lexus has found religion in turbos, will it be mated with the new 1.2T that produces 18 more horsepower and can run in both Otto and Atkinson cycles? Or are they going with something bigger?

AWD?

Bigger battery? I'll bet they stick with NiMH.

But here's your chance to let Lexus know what you'd like to see.

2. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    #2 Sergiospl, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would think they'll go Li-Ion to save space, especially if they decide to keep its size. I would think they'll add more performance. It has the looks but performance similar to a Prius won't get those looking at the CTh for style, emotionally stirred. It needs the system from the IS300h (220hp 2.5 litre HSD), so it might grow in size a little to accommodate a larger engine. Handling is good so they should keep that trait.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Apparently, CT300h and CT400h are already trademarked by Lexus. So a larger engined version is possible.

Toyota is still married to NiMH. It is even used in the Mirai. I don't see them ditching it for the CT unless for a PHV model. The only Li-ion hybrid sans plug they offer is the Alpha/Prius v, and that is too get in a third seat row.

I don't see them using a turbo. Too daring. The NX turbo is the first one they have done in awhile, and they'll likely skip turbo and hybrid for costs at this point.

Tideland Prius likes this.