1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2nd group buy for AIC-100i

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by thundermustard, Oct 18, 2005.

1. thundermustard

thundermustard New Member

What happened to the thread for the 2nd group buy, and better yet, other than one email acknowledging my name was on the list I have heard nothing.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Many threads from Aug. 18 to early October were lost. Maybe Danny will be able to restore them. He posted to the effect that he has all the postings, but they are not organized into threads as we are accustomed to reading them.

I am in the second group buy also. I also received the E-mail that I am on the list. About a week ago, Eugene sent me a personal E-mail to verify some information he did not obtain from all posters.

This is one person contacting many people and you have verified that you are on the list. Be patient and don't change your E-mail address.

3. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

The email said they will start calling us for credit info. after Oct. 19th.

4. datavortex

datavortex New Member

Don't worry, if you were on the list, you are still on it. My hard-maintained thread is sadly lost, but I remember most of the important info that people posted in it. I'm sure others here do too, so go ahead and ask if there's something you can't recall.

If you want to make sure your name got on the list, just check here. Please note that I have already removed all email addresses form the page. If you have any questions, email myself or Eugene, who will be returning from a week-long absence tomorrow (the 19th).

5. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What's the cost on the group buy?

6. datavortex

datavortex New Member

7. Jay105000

Jay105000 New Member

This was a great initiative and seems to me that datavortex and Eugene have good control of list/shipments/etc.. Remember that this is the second group and I think people in VAIS technologies must be working double shift to get this gigantic amounts of request in line.

8. dgstan

dgstan Member

I spoke with Eugene this morning to inquire about the possibility of a THIRD group buy. I just got my first Ipod (Black Nano 4gb), and now can't stand not using it in my Prius. He said he's got about 2 months of work ahead of him to catch up with the second group buy, and suggested we wait until Xmas to set up the next one.

BTW - if there's anyone on the second list that has changed their mind about needing the 100i, I'd be happy to take their place.

DGStan

9. jblust

jblust New Member

I'm also interested, but I'm a bit too late to the party (just took delivery of my Prius on Sunday). I'll be keeping my eye out for Round 3 :)

10. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Sorry, no chance of me backing out. I already tried installing one of the other adapters (can't even remember the name but it only works in an '04). I can't wait.

11. hilore

hilore New Member

Am also on the second group buy.
    I did get an email from [email protected].
    Still waiting for that phone call. 8))

--Hilore

12. Jay105000

Jay105000 New Member

at that group price will be difficult but I think if you find somebody you should do it. I thnk you should contact Eugene because I understand that some Lexus owners could not get the 100i unit for some reason (sorry I forgot that).

You don't lose anything trying.

13. datavortex

datavortex New Member

Eugene asked me to exclude Lexus owners from the group buy. Apperantly their unit and pricing is different enough that they will need to setup their own.

At least a dozen Lexus owners were on the list though, they I emailed all of them each others' email addresses, and posted on Lexus entusiast sites. I would check there.

14. inPlacentia

inPlacentia New Member

Can we start an "interest" list now for the 3rd group buy?

15. heymikemason

heymikemason New Member

Hi iPod lovers,
    I was involved in the first group buy, have installed my VAIS and it works exactly as described- not without it's imperfections (limit 99 songs per playlist and, while it can handle 99 playlists, only the first 12 are one-touch- so make them your best!) but it works as described.
    That being said, I'm selling mine. I'm going to get a non-ipod specific adapter that can handle audio AND video.
    Anyone interested, please contact me at [email protected]. The unit is under 2 months old.

DISREGARD- it's been sold! :D

16. norbert

norbert New Member

Shouldn't second group buy people have received a call by now?

17. hilore

hilore New Member

I am in the second group buy. I got my called from Eugene himself
    a few days ago. Mine is being ship from Colorado. Hopefully,
    it will arrive sometime next week.

--Hilore

18. hilore

hilore New Member

Wow that was fast. Can you tell me more about the
    ipod video interface? How much and who make the
    interface?

--Hilore

19. datavortex

datavortex New Member

I got my call from Eugene today.

Orders are now starting to be processed and shipped.

20. difficult_run

difficult_run New Member

Do you have any idea of where you stood on the list? Were you one of the first to sign up? I'm around the middle and haven't heard anything yet.