1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2nd group buy for AIC-100i

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by thundermustard, Oct 18, 2005.

1. datavortex

datavortex New Member

Well, I started it, so yes, I was one of the first. :)

2. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

I recieved the call today and they have called about 26 people so far. Mine should be shipped Friday.

3. patrickt

patrickt New Member

I got my call today. I am excited, to say the least.

4. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Never did receive a call from Eugene even though I returned the e-mail he sent me. Finally, yesterday I reached him and he told me he never received the e-mail (?????????) :(
    Re-sent it to him and my unit will be shipped today or Monday.

5. Jay105000

Jay105000 New Member

Got my call and I got an email telling me that I will receive mine on Nov 9th. I will have to check out Hybrideyes guide. Is it being recovered from the lost of emails/threads???

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Eugene called me on Thursday, and it was shipped out and I should be getting mine on Friday. Now if I only had a Prius to put it in...

7. duffetta

duffetta New Member

Now that we've had two group buys and there is talk of a third, I'm wondering if PriusChat has enough pull with VAIS to just negotiate a good price. This would relieve us of having to do all of the work involved with a group buy.

Danny, any thoughts?

I am interesting in the 100i as well. I was not involved in either of the group buys and I don't want to pay $369 myself. So if we can't negotiate a good price based upon the buying power of the group as a whole, I would definitely be interested in joining any 3rd group buy that happens.

Thanks,

Mark

8. p626808

p626808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Mine was shipped too..

Does anyone know.. or can find out.. if the latest ones being shipped have firmware version 3.50 or higher..

Thanks,

Scott

9. sjzabel

sjzabel New Member

Just out of curiousity, what did the group buys bring the price down to?

If it is a significant drop... I would love to be in the third group.

10. sjzabel

sjzabel New Member

heh. I stopped being lazy and looked further back on the post... Yes that is a significant price drop.

And Yes if there is a third group I would like to be a part of it.

-Stephen

11. datavortex

datavortex New Member

Just installed my unit and it works beautifully! I haven't been this happy since I rammed a bunch of Dr. Sunshine's Glee Capsules right up my nice person.

At first I (meaning my professional installer) tried to install it in the area where the center speaker (which I've removed) used to be. It almost fit, but not quite. Where it did fit quite nicely was jammed directly behind the stereo. My installer wrapped it in a couple layers of padding to keep it from knocking around tied off the cables for me, and drilled 2 holes. The first hole was in the 1 din storage area directly under the head unit, and this is where the iPod lives now, its cable coming in through the hole. The other hole is in the side of the upper glove box, where RCA cables are coiled and Velcrod up, ready to be plugged into any auxiliary device.

My only complaint is a good deal of static on the output at high volumes (40+). I trust this will be solved the same way many others have done it though, with the recommended ground loop interrupter. Once I install that, everything should be just perfect.

Couldn't be happier, now I just have to make my extra smart fresh podcast playlists.

Glee. :)

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Ah, memories of youth! :D

13. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

I hugged my UPS man and can't wait to get home tonight (I mean in the morning) to install it. No sleep 'till it's done. I will mount the unit behind the right air vent and snake the cable through to the upper glove box (with drill in hand).

14. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Ahhh, I am a crazy bastard. I got stuck at work and got home late. What's the first thing I did when I pulled into the garage? Install the damn thing of course. So it's now 5:00am and everything works. :)

I want to let everyone know (in case this hasn't been done before) that I didn't have to drill any holes to get the dock cable into the upper glovebox. If you open it and look at the top-right, there is a gap between the SRS dash covering and the glovebox lid, next to the hinge. You need to remove the silver vent panel on the right. Then fish the cable around from the back side and through that slit in the glovebox lid. The gap gets larger as you close the lid so you can wiggle the plug through. And when the lid is open the gap is just the right size not to pinch the cable. I also mounted the unit to the right of the lower glovebox just below the vent like a few other's have done.

So now I go to sleep because I can't realy crank it up to hear it well without waking the neighbors. Will I be able to sleep even? Or just lay there waiting for sunrise. AAAHHH

15. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Glad everyone else is receiving their units from VAIS; mine is apparently lost by UPS. I called Eugene yesterday to find out why I hadn't received it yet and he called UPS. Apparently there is some sort of "foul up" in the shipping. This has been a "comedy of errors" for me as VAIS lost my order originally and now the shipment is "lost." Makes one wonder?? :angry:

16. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Has anyone from the 2nd group not yet recieved a call from Eugene at VAIS? I know someone who hasn't and I'm just checking if he should call them or be patient. I know there was many calls to be made.

17. simple_in_seattle

simple_in_seattle New Member

If anyone is interested in having me buy them out from their group buy purchase, please contact me. I want one at the group buy price. I've only had my Prius for a week and I'm dying at the poor options for integration.

18. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As posted earlier, I never received a call from Eugene and finally called him. He said he had no record of me returning his e-mail (?????). I forwarded to him the copy I had and then he found it.

Now, somewhere between where VAIS shipped the unit and UPS picked it up, it's "lost!" I was supposed to receive it this past Thursday; now, who knows when?

To say the least, I'm not a happy camper. :angry:

19. dukduk

dukduk New Member

Ditto on replacing someone in 2nd g.b.
    When can we start a third one?!

20. Bionic

Bionic New Member

Just another iPod/Prius addict chiming in for a spot in the third group buy :(

Got my Prius on Friday and am missing the iPod already...