1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3 blue LED lights on the right side of the dash

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by bear15, Apr 10, 2017.

1. JGC61

JGC61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    As stated above . " as battery charges (when plugged in) starts with one light and the battery is fully charged when all three are lit."
    They will then go out and charging is complete.

2. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Actually, they are easy to overlook because you are outside of the car when you plug it in and the lights are on the inside above the windshield.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I do my charging overnight, and my car is parked outside on our driveway. I can look down on the car from our living room window to check if the charge has initiated or completed. When it's dark, those LED are very bright and prominent. Unless the windshield is covered with snow, I can tell at what stage of charging it is from number of lights. I don't think you can ever see those lights from inside anyway. Unless you stay inside of the car while someone outside plug-in for you. As soon as you open the door, the charge stops.

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Senior moment - they are just below the windshield. I seldom notice them because they come on after I plug-in. I wait for the green light to come on and then walk away from the car.

Salamander_King likes this.