3-door smart key feature on v ( lowercase v) five retrofit for v three?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Native2PS, Jul 30, 2014.

1. master cylinder

master cylinder New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just bought a used 2014 P V 3 after owning a 2008 for ever, still and got swindled by the dealership that sold it as a V. Took awhile to figure out what all we didn't get but by far the moooooost annoying thing is the "one door SKS"!!!#$%^&*(

Just joined Pchat and hoping anyone else out there can update us that this does indeed work for a 2014 wagon so I can get this $%^&*( fixed!!!!

Thanks!

2. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can change it so that all the doors unlock with the drivers. Is that good enough? Press the Lock and Unlock Buttons, at the same time, on your remote for 5 seconds. It will go to all doors unlocking or will toggle back to just the drivers.

#42 rjparker, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. master cylinder

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmm. That may be the fallback solution but what I was hoping to hear was that the “passenger door/passenger door wiring harness /trunk 2 button switch/trunk antenna” retrofit-fix noted earlier in this thread (and wiring codes) apply to a 2014 wagon?

4. master cylinder

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hi
    Thanks for the great thread on the sks retrofit.
    We have a 2008 with 3 door sks and just bought a used 2014 V that was sold as a v trim but after checking the VIN turns out to be a 3 trim package (I.e. one door sks).

Can you tell me whether your fix will work on our new baby?

Thanks!!!

5. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The odds are about 99 to 1 it will work as the 2014 v3 was virtually the same as a 2012 v3. However one of the first things the combined instructions say to do is the 5 second all doors open command listed above. It won't work otherwise. So you should try that now for no cost and see how it works for you. Most of us find it is fine that way.

Second, realize that the 2012 v3 instructions here note that a door wiring harness that was in the standard Prius modified in the original instructions is not in the Prius v3, so you have to find that standard Prius part and install it.

Third note that many wires have to be spliced using a tap connector and at least one guy later had problems with those connections.

Fourth note that another guy had a third party shop do the work for $650 labor and it still did not work and had to be diagnosed. So he had a $1000 dollars into it with parts.

Finally, even though it is highly likely the combined standard Gen 3 instructions and this thread's 2012 Prius v3 instructions would work in a 2014 v3, I would go to the subscription TIS system and pull the schematics of the three cars in question, compare all with the first standard Prius' instructions and note what colors change from car to car so that the chances of burning something up by a mistake is reduced.

This change is a major job, reported to take a period of days in the first car and at least six hours in the second.

6. master cylinder

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

Thanks!
    Just called the shop where we've had our 2008 serviced since new and they didn't seem to have any confidence that this would work, hadn't heard of any other customers that tried it or complained about the one key sks (that's the part I really can't understand!) and were not interested in taking the job on.

Having specifically done a retrofit door lock system mod using the BMW clubs forum I find all this a little bewildering, since the other stuff worked fine.

May reread the whole thread again and see if maybe I can just do the rear hatch switch and antennae.

Thanks!