1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3-Door Smart Key in Prius Three

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HondaCivicPrius, Jun 29, 2016.

1. HondaCivicPrius

HondaCivicPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm looking to get a 2012 Prius and am really confused about the '3-Door Smart Key'. It's a simple question and I've scoured all over the internet trying to get a better idea of what this entails but to no avail. Which doors get the smart key system? Does this include the rear hatch door? If the person with the keys is near the car, then will all the doors become unlocked?

What happens in a Prius Two with only the driver's side door having the smart key functionality? Does one have to manually hit the unlock button to unlock the doors for the remaining passengers?

2. Kramah313

Kramah313 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It works on the drivers, passengers front, and hatch on the 3 door. On the two you have to unlock it either manually or by clicking the fob button twice like most cars were a few years ago (this also still works with the 3-door sks)

3. Najeeb

Najeeb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    From my understanding, you can configure it so that either all the doors open or just the driver's door opens. I believe default is just the driver's door.
    You can also lock the doors with SKS. For the trunk, you will find two rubber buttons under the Toyota logo; the larger one directly under the Toyota logo is to unlock (the larger button), while the smaller one a little to the right is to lock. For the driver's and passenger's doors, you just have to put your finger on the sensor on the front side of the handle to lock. See the diagram on page 44 for a better idea.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On my 2013 Prius Two, which has the single door SKS, you can program it so that either a fob press, or the drivers door sensor open/locks all the doors...well except for the hatch.

The difference in convenience is that I only have a door sensor on the drivers door.

Kramah313 likes this.
  5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    3rd "door" is the hatch. You can program the driver's door SKS to unlock all doors, or leave it in the default setting to unlock just the driver's door. It's in the owner's manual.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.