1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

300+ HP Prius Liftback! - This is what we want.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jameskatt, Apr 27, 2013.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just thinking cause I see tesla using the bigger tires too, maybe they feel it's a worthy tradeoff to have a better ride that bigger tires give and a more popular look.
    Even the Volt is using 17 inch.

I too have read the exhaustive threads on this debate... But I still suspect it's the inherent prius system... Of course, I could be wrong.

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2

2. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I think you have the problem, ch. When I look at discussion of "tuners"--folks who provide computer programs to increase engine performace and (they sometimes claim) fuel economy--on fan websites for other cars, it seems to me that they achieve their results by allowing the car to run closer to its design limits. Less margin of safety means . . .
    You said it.

3. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

300 HP does seem a bit over the top. Wouldn't mind an extra 50 HP in my C, though. Hey Fox - think you could fit a very small turbo charger under the hood of C?