1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$35k Model 3 now available

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by iplug, Feb 28, 2019.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nope. The shoe represents the people who speak objectively about Tesla, and the other foot are people who insist on polluting their threads with all they perceive wrong with that viewpoint.

hill likes this.
  2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What if you have two left feet?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You brake and gas separately :cool:

4. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So discussing perceived wrongs are pollution but defending against them is not. To me it's all just discussions - this is a forum.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe disclosing hidden agenda's would help

perhaps starting a thread with a 'why tesla is terrible and won't be around long' title would be useful:cool:

6. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    This thread is entertaining. (y)

will the engineer and benagi like this.
  7. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    When I think back over the many dozens of cars I have owned, those that gave me the most satisfaction and joy of ownership weren't the most reliable in terms of number of visits to the mechanic or repair dollars. Some were in the shop for mods to things like we used to do in the '70s including GASP removal of the smog pump. Some for windows that kept blowing the regulators. But those are the cars I look at in the classifieds and think of buying again on the used market.

My point, reliability and satisfaction can be different depending on what you are wanting from a car. My wife's car has been perfectly reliable, I don't like to drive in it or drive it. It satisfies her. We want different things in a car.

And as to the 10 year out reliability or satisfaction survey I doubt that what is produced today will have even a vague relationship to what you might be looking to buy at that time. Not with the pace of change.

8. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    But your wallet with thank you over the 10 years!

9. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After reading threads on “Model 3 Owners Club” I wish you all good luck with your new Model 3’s.

will the engineer, iplug and bisco like this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks man!(y)

iplug and orenji like this.
  11. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----

orenji and bisco like this.
  12. litesong

litesong Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll get confused by gas pedals in the shape of human right feet!

orenji likes this.
  13. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The site owner of "Model 3 Owners Club" is not a model 3 owner. He does own a model X within the last few months. His prior car was a Lincoln ICE SUV. His primary occupation is a keyboardist on a not very successful garage band. I don't recommend that site to Tesla fanboys.

14. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What does the owner of a website have to do with actually owners posting on it?

15. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    MONEY!

This explains a lot and I appreciate your honesty. But, apparently, Tesla was not a good fit for you and as a result you have an agenda. I know a couple of people who work at Tesla and they are happy but they know co-workers who are not happy. I know that Elon expects a lot from himself and consequently the same from his employees. I expect he is hard taskmaster. I worked in a position once that was not a good fit for me and I moved on. I was happier and the company I worked for was happier too. But I got on with my life, got over it, and didn't continue to hold a vendetta against them, regardless of who was right. I worked for them for 8 years and I am disappointed in myself for not learning my lesson much sooner. And I grew out of that experience.

Perhaps you feel that your efforts were not appreciated or acknowledged adequately and that could be true. As an owner of several businesses in the past, some employees require more hands-on reinforcement than others. I believe Elon has little patience for employees that are not self-motivated and need constant reinforcement. But I do want to thank you for your part in engineering the best car I have ever owned. It means a lot to me. Good luck to you in your future employment.

#115 el Crucero, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2019
  16. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We all are in the business of making money. So are you saying the posts on that site are staged?

17. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    No more than this site. ;)

18. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    As is my practice, I like to join forums dedicated to the technology of my particular cars. So far, I'm kinda mixed on Model 3, forum options:
    • Tesla forum - text only, I don't get the impression of technically curious.
    • Teslarati - like PriusChat but again, more advocacy than technical content
    • Tesla Model 3 Owners Club - a newbie just starting, light technical content
    • Tesla Motors Club - seems well established with sensible posters, still reviewing
    • InSideEVs - clever posters but small in number
    Committed to buying a standard range Model 3, advocacy babble has become boring. Rather I'm more interested in things I am experiencing. So I'm thinking about another "In my hands Model 3" thread.

Once I figure out which forum has technically oriented, Model 3 owners, I'll start my master "In my hands" thread there. It isn't clear if it makes sense to share here or my other, active forums. Limited to a Model 3 or Tesla specific forum, it makes some sense to share specific technical details. But I am always leary of becoming a 'found religion' pest and an "In my hands" thread attracting trollish responses by the non-technical.

Bob Wilson

bisco and hill like this.
  19. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a TMC guy. So far so good there. And I like their software a little better than here.

side note, glad to see you are safe and posting this morning with all of the storms in Alabama last night.

bisco and orenji like this.
  20. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you do not post here, please provide a link.

I'm curious about some of the tech involved in the unfortunately named 'autopilot' feature, and it would be interesting to read the thoughts of somebody using more light and less heat.

Fun Fact:

The autopilot was developed in (wait for it!)..........1912.
    It was and is a system to reduce pilot fatigue during an hours-long trip, and it did and does have a very pronounced love/hate relationship with it's users.
    TESLA's problem stems from shameless self-promotion, and people's lack of understanding of the difference between 'autopilot' and autonomous (SAE J3016 L5.)
    The REASON why other manufacturers have systems like GMs super-cruise which are probably causing a statistically higher percentage of accidents without the blow-back from fake news is on big T, but the accidents themselves are not.

I'm not going to wade into whether T3s are L2, L3, or L5 because it's irrelevant.
    Aircraft have been fully autonomous-capable since the end of WW2, and yet airlines who won't give you a $0.25 bag of peanuts without charging you for them because of profitability still have TWO for-real, mostly unionized, human pilots up in the front office.
    There's a reason for that!

+1.
    I understand it got a little bumpy in Opelika, and I would imagine it was the same on the other side.

#120 ETC(SS), Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019