1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

36,000 miles on my Gen III Prius V

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Old Bald Guy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    19,000km

Tires ...
    I have the 15" rims on Bridgestone Ecopia. Not much wear because the time is shared with a set of winter tyres. Fairly quiet for LRR tyres. Have them pumped at 40/38. Got one screw incident.

Body ...
    Outside panels are well fitted and so are the interior panels. The centre console lid squeaks if I press on it and the tonneau cover squeaks when going over bumps (same as the old Prius). Lower glovebox is scratched.. probably by a zipper of a backpack.. climate control screen is scratched just like any other Toyota with the same climate control unit. That plastic is prone to scratching.

Brakes ...
    No issues. They work well (esp. if BA or PCS kicks in)

Interior ...
    Heated leather seats are nice in cold weather. I used mine a lot last winter (esp. when it's below freezing for over 5 months). Love the lumbar support (missed it in the old Prius as our Camry had it). Still getting used to the steering wheel controls (I keep defaulting to the Gen 2's layout... so I turn up the volume when I want the temperature)

In dash navigation …
    Love the convenience of it and the voice guidance is fairly clear. Did use the voice control last year on the road trip to enter an address and it's very straightforward. An issue arises if you're looking for a POI. The interface is poor. It only lists 3 and well... you better hope what you want is on there (you can't filter by brand or type if you're looking for something specific like finding the nearest Shell or Chinese restaurant)

Automatic climate control ...
    No issues other than AUTO doesn't automatically turn on the A/C (like it does on the old Prius or Camry). No a big deal but I'm just used to pressing the AUTO button if I have the A/C off and I want it on because the AUTO button is closer to the driver's seat. Wished it was dual-zone for greater comfort (and the possibility of having a sun sensor)

Gas mileage ...
    The calculated has only surpassed the displayed MPG once, otherwise it's been consistently off by 0.2L/100km... Love the fact that we can use the full tank now instead of worry about the bladder shrinking and the computer deciding that it's out of fuel when it isn't. Winter mileage isn't as bad as I expected (worse is about 5-6L/100km which is about the mileage of a Yaris on a good summer's day). Car is plugged in at work, grille is blocked and is stored in a heated garage at home. (A mixed blessing since that means I have to wash the crud off frequently so that the ice doesn't melt, the water evaporate and leave the contaminants behind)

Reliability ... None yet.

2. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Impressive. In my current van at 95k it's on its third set of rear.