1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

360 camera installation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by abubin, Feb 22, 2021.

1. abubin

abubin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am installing 360 camera for my car and would like advice on where to install the camera for front and rear.

For the rear I will place it next to the rear boot open button. It is quite center enough and I won't disturb the old reverse camera.

For the front camera, I do not have any good location. Thinking of putting it on the logo but the camera is not suitable to be mounted on the logo. As such need to find somewhere else. What about right below the front plate number? Would that be too low?

I can't find any guide on 360 cam installation for Prius. Would appreciate if anyone already installed to provide advice where you install your cameras.

Thanks.

2. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Which 360 camera?

3. abubin

abubin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    360 degree all view cameras.

Done installing all 4 cameras. It took me a day of each weekend to install one. So end up taking a month for all 4. I like to take my time with them and usually end up doing things like cleaning up the car parts that I dismantled. Like the bumper or the rear trunk. Now left with calibrating the cameras. Will upload the video to youtube later. Hope I have enough good footage to make decent video.

ASRDogman likes this.