1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

36000 approaching

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by barbaram, Nov 21, 2007.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm almost at 36000 miles in less than 2 years...(goes to show how much I LOVE driving it!)
    have annoying dash rattle which I am going to have to insist that is fixed.
    other than oil change, etc is there anything else important to get checked under warranty before it goes??? B)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The MFD? lol

that's all I can think of.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you report back on the dash rattle, I have one from the area of the speedo, if yours is the same I'd like to know how it's fixed. I'll look at it one day.

4. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Get the extended warranty? :)

5. Clar

Clar Member

Got rid of rattle noise while under warranty. The headlight automatic level sensor went bad before warranty expired. I don't know if you've seen any warning on MFD that looks like fog light symbol.

Toyota claimed they replaced the failed parts, but for some reason more people think i have high beam on after toyota technician did the work.

Anyway. I bought extended warranty from Troy just in case something like this happen again.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Nov 21 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]542320[/snapback]</div>
    get the extended warranty through this bb! i did and last week with 38,000 miles on my '06 prius pck #7 my computer failed, leaving me and my prius stranded. well with that one malfunction - i saved the cost of the extended warranty - free tow, free repair... and they were great about the whole thing. if you purchased your car and plan on keeping it - get the warranty. i have it on all my cars except my Lexus LS (which has been perfect for 93,000 miles)

7. shybrid

shybrid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 21 2007, 07:08 AM) [snapback]542388[/snapback]</div>
    This is one more reason to get the extended warranty through Troy. Another example of the warranty saving someone beaucoup bucks. Nice going dbermanmd.

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I went today and all went very well. tech drove and heard the noise. I was given a loaner. The car was ready in about 4 hours. They said there are some panels in the dash that tend to bump and added some insulation between them so all is quiet again.
    I got the warranty and service plan when I bought the car since it is not something you can take to Joe on the corner to repair... :)

9. agile pagile

agile pagile New Member

Warranty

Excellent, hope you got the warranty from Troy and saved some money.