1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3KW EV Conversion - Plug In Supply

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Jeremy Nelson, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Chris R

Chris R New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I thought it was pretty darn funny. But, I just got here. :)

2. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Where i live in Maryland the tax and rebate incentives make the prius plugin just a few grand more than the C. Is that not the case where you live?

3. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Where I live, you can't even get the Plug In.

4. Jeremy Nelson

Jeremy Nelson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all, did get the charger enable cable and started final assembly. I got all the horizontal bus bars attached but then stopped because for the second time this winter I've come down with the flu. So I'm hours away from trying it, but probably days before I feel better enough to do it. Regards,

Attached Files:

5. Jeremy Nelson

Jeremy Nelson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I'm back up and moving. Attacked all the vertical bus-bars, one at a time and very carefully. Second picture shown is with all the equipment hastily put in the back of my car for a test. Everything looked green, and when I started it the charger did begin to blink green as if it was charging. Unfortunately, I stopped it because my cell loop cable is not making a connection all the way through the system. This means I'll have to track down where it's stopping on the cell-boards, and re-soldier that point. I purchased my first volt-meter, so hopefully I can find it no problem.

I apologize if anyone's been getting irritated at my slow pace. Due to the strangest of circumstances, I have more than one project coming to a head right now, and just don't have enough time. Cheers!

Attached Files:

Ramrodus likes this.
  6. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    it's amazing what you are doing. keep us updated!

7. Ramrodus

Ramrodus New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We're not irritated. just anxious. I have been thinking of doing the same thing. can't wait to see how it all works out.
    Good Luck

8. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I reinstalled my battery packs yesterday afternoon: I figure the coldest part of the season is over now. I had about 110 miles on the current tank and ~61 mpg. As of this morning's commute that's bumped up to ~69 mpg for the tank and I expect it to go much higher. (Disclaimer...that is strictly counting gasoline used. I don't have a reliable way to measure electric usage into the pack so I can't calculate mpge.)

9. usnavystgc

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I find it so unbelievably strange that this guy (Jeremy Nelson) was "hours away from trying it" on Feb 4th (but sick), then has more problems on Feb 11th, then has too many projects coming to a head and just doesn't have enough time?????? I'll let you all come to your own conclusion on this one but, I can tell you I've come to my own conclusion.

I've concluded there is a ton of deception in this thread and the OP is more than likely a PIS plant (if not Robb himself). Jeremy Nelson has only posted one time in one other thread (besides this one). How many Prius Chat members only post in one thread????? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

10. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    As a former willing volunteer and probably the first person to contact Robb about having him create a kit (i have long been too busy to follow up with him and Jeremy though I was supposed to help)..

I will have no problem saying that Jeremy is NOT Robb.. nor is he a plant. He was just another person willing to go thru the prototyping process and spending the time (that I was unable to).. to experiment. Yes, he's a real person.

lopezjm2001 likes this.
  11. usnavystgc

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I guess he must be loaded with money or something. I just don't know too many "real" people who spend thousands of dollars on batteries, get right to the point of testing and then drop off to work on "other" projects.

There's just no logic in that. One thing is for certain from a PIS perspective; this thread generated a lot of interest for them and, who knows how many kits it sold for them. From a business standpoint, generating this thread is very logical.

12. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    While reading this whole thread I've thought things were a bit sketchy, so I totally understand what you're saying. On the flip side, if he was trying to talk up PIS wouldn't he actually like... pretend to have completed this? Months ago? I would have said "hi I just went to PIS and had them install this for me" instead of going on and going for 6 months and never install anything. That's just not good marketing :p

13. usnavystgc

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree Surrylic, I don't understand any of it. The only logic I can think of is to keep the post going as long as you can and ever so often throw in some new data for the hungry.

I didn't just come up w/ my conclusion overnight, I too always thought things were sketchy and began to suspect a PIS plant. You can never be sure of these things but I figured if my suspicions were correct and if I didn't at least share my thoughts, that wouldn't be right.

I agree it doesn't appear to be good marketing but, who knows how many people became interested in PIS b/c of this thread. From the looks of it, many were following it with great interest.

Also, if you pretend to have completed it, some PCers will press you hard for details and even ask to meet w/ you to see it. Acting like you're working on it but never completing it preempts that sticky situation from ever happening.

14. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Any updates on this?

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, jeremey is actually usnavystgc!:ROFLMAO: i'm so glad you resurrected this thread, i had missed the last 9 posts, not that anything important happened.:rolleyes:

usnavystgc likes this.
  16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    alrighty then.

17. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Subscribed! This is very interesting!

18. usnavystgc

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <Yawn>. Unsubscribed.

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wonder how jeremy is doing?