1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3M carbon vinyl interior pieces

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by w202mae, Feb 10, 2013.

1. w202mae

w202mae Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wrapped my interior today, using the 3m di-noc matte carbon vinyl bought on EBay for $85. Used quote a bit of them, almost all due to many failure trial and error. For the most part came out 95% pefect, 5% imperfection isnt too noticeable once the trim pieces are installed and blended in. Did the radio bezel, center cup holder trim and all 4 door handles. Shifter bezel was done previously with some free vinyl I got so that's why the carbon weave didnt match but not a big deal for me. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That looks GREAT!

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You have good taste:D

I did a very similar job on mine about 18 months ago, looks like the same color, Dinoc CA-421, and it still looks great. Unfortunately, PC has lost my images. If you ever have any problems with the edges lifting or it lifting on concave areas, 3M Primer 94 will make it stick to nearly anything.

The comment in picture 3 about the right vent being a good practice piece is because it's difficult, small and easy to redo. It's also one of the more difficult plastics to get the stuff to stick to and the curvature puts the Dinoc under tension in the inside corners so it tends to lift there. The picture isn't my final try, it took some primer 94 t get it to stick the way I wanted it to stick

Here's my some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mrfritz0528 likes this.
  4. w202mae

w202mae Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the tips, I will attempt that the next time I pull the door panels apart and buy the primer. The edged for the most part I stretched and pull under the panels so I hope doing this way less chance for lifting. For now this will do the job for the interior, I have to admit it does take a lot of time, patience and trying.

We got the same exact vinyl =) your interior looks great!

5. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks.

I couldn't find the 94 locally but found it on ebay. It was about $20 delivered for 1/2 pint but it goes forever. It's real thin and you only need it on the edges and anyplace that tension might pull the Dinoc loose, like concave surfaces and inside corners.