1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB 3rd Gen EGR Valve ELBOW

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Partroob, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Partroob

Partroob New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately while prying the head off my engine, I missed one bolt which caused my EGR Valve elbow to break.. crazy- right? The egr valve itself is in one piece, but the little elbow that the egr tube bolts up to broke. In search of one of these asap. I found it online, but they only sell it paired with the valve. Hopefully someone has one of these! Pm me price. Need one asap as my other car has no AC and it gets mighty sweaty.

Attached Files:

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

If time is of the essence or you have no luck finding a replacement, you might consider using JB Weld.

Raytheeagle and mjoo like this.
  3. Phildo

Phildo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    See if you can find any taxi workshops that work on Priuses regularly. They might have a wreck and various other parts sitting around.

4. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think I still have the EGR valve from my Gen 4 to Gen 3 engine swap. I will look in the morning and let you know.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. Partroob

Partroob New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ooh that would be awesome! I used JB weld, but it didn't hold completely- so now there is a small leak, but doesn't seem to hurt anything. Would still love a complete one though. Let me know.

6. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    As bad luck would have it, my valve isn’t where the rest of my left over pieces are at. It likely got discarded with the hoses and pipes that I didn’t reuse unfortunately.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    At this juncture, just bite the bullet and buy one of those $100 salvage assemblies? Too bad but oh well.

What would be the optimum approach, when removing cylinder head? I'm thinking take off the pipe (that runs between intake manifold and EGR), and the nuts and studs at connection to the exhaust manifold, then leave the rest attached, at least till the head is lifted off?

8. Partroob

Partroob New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bumpity bump bump. Still in need of this. Jb weld failed me and the car is running rough with a p0171 code at the moment. I think due to this.