1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3rd Party App Update - MovieTicket

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by RoyL, Apr 30, 2019.

1. RoyL

RoyL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    looks like another 3rd Party app was killed off. Entune is starting to look like an episode of Game of Thrones!

Not saying I ever used it!

Dear Toyota Owner,

Thank you for being a Toyota Entune™ App Suite customer.

As technology and markets change, third-party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On May 15, 2019, a multimedia system update will appear on your vehicle display. After completion, MovieTickets will no longer be available in Entune™ App Suite, as this product will no longer be supported by the third-party application provider.

We apologize for any in convenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at... Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, or Saturday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Time.

Sincerely,

Toyota Audio Multimedia Support

2. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I wonder how many people were actually using this Entune app to get movie tickets. Probably not a lot - it would seem much easier to use the app on your phone to do this.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not something I would consider. In fact most of the Entune apps are of no use to me. I use the Charge Management part of it. And I look for sheep on the Eco Dashboard.

4. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I agree, but it was sad reading the owners manual and I saw the entune section and a lot of the apps are now missing.

I just got the car a couple months ago and half the apps aren't there and I'm losing another one tomorrow

5. noonm

noonm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No offense to Toyota, but why did they think people would want to buy Movie Tickets while driving? Now if I could have Hybrid Assistant on the touchscreen, that would be a useful app for Entune.

bruceha_2000 likes this.
  6. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Did those sites subsidize entune development? Perhaps they didn't set a big return in investment and with Toyota switching gears on their new primes, they're fading away.

I don't know, just guessing

7. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's a way that Toyota differentiates itself from Tesla. Instead of adding updates, enhancements and new features to the software, Toyota deletes useless stuff, thus providing the user with a cleaner and more simplified experience.

(The above is sarcasm, but upon re-reading it, I think I may have a career in marketing.)

Blauer Glimmer likes this.
  8. draker

draker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Toyota calls the cancellation of services an “update”. At first I assumed that this would mean that they were planning on replacing lost services with something new (better). Alas, this is Entune, where even Toyota must realize that less is more. With a few more updates maybe they will eliminate all Entune services. Then it will be perfect.