1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3rd tank of gas, Prius owner for 3 weeks, 55.3mpg!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by halleyscomet, Mar 27, 2008.

1. halleyscomet

halleyscomet New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I brought Elroy home on the 6th of march, SUPRISE! We didn't plan on it, just a little shopping, worked a deal we couldn't walk away from!!! Anyways.... My first tank was 39.8 mpg (freezing outside) 2nd tank was 46.5 mpg (cold outside) and now, to my shock, 55.3 mpg on the first 100 miles of 3rd tank (40-60degree range) (highway/city combo driving)

We changed the tire pressure, I keep the A/C off, and drive conservatively, not slow. Try to pulse and glide a little, I am just stunned at Elroy's performance! I just had to share my excitement! I know my 55 will reduce with the rest of my tank of gas, but the steady increase is really making driving fun!

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome.
    I was getting 54 MPG last summer.
    Dropped to 51 this winter.

3. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Great progress on your MPG halleyscomet. Keep it up - perhaps 60 MPG is in the cards with warmer weather. Congrats on your new car and enjoy,
    Gabe

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Remember to turn the A/C on in hot weather. The electrical system depends upon cabin air for cooling; letting the cabin get hot will allow the electronics to get hot, and the drive system battery will be less efficient than it should be and thus decrease MPGs.