1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4 lights on after changing rotor and pads... help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by morglum, Jun 17, 2016.

1. morglum

morglum Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    edit2: fixed using the link in the edit below

Hi everyone,

I did a front brake job on my prius today. I replaced the pads and the rotors. I just turned the car on and I have 4 lights on : emergency brake, VSC, ABS and the yellow (!) warning sign. There is also a check engine, but it was there before (something related to my throttle pedal). I have a ODB2 device, but it is a 40 minutes drive from here. I will get it after dinner.

any idea what is going on? The only "special" things that I can think about is that we absent-mindedly pushed on the brake pedal while the caliper was off the rotor, so the piston was fully extended. Also, the lights were on for a while, so the 12V battery might be low.

We are currently charging the 12V battery, but would really appreciate any insight you might have.

All the best

edit: plan A is to do this instead of driving to get the ODB2 reader How do you reset ABS light & yellow ((!)) ?
    edit 2: plan A worked, thanks!

#1 morglum, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pleasure.:)