1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4 more explosions in London

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Jul 21, 2005.

1. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Prius...It is not my fault you have a "hard on" for Bush. In my book him and Blair are the only ones who have had the balls.

I understand YOU clearly, no matter what you say and what happens, It is all GW's fault. You are simple. Orismo is more complex, and he does justify the gripes., ie by acknowledging that the terrorism is justified because of the gripes. I can pay pretty close attention, words and words and words., but the bottom line is he rejects force against this evil, because of human concerns, and he overlooks the evil, that my friend is what cannot and will not stand. You reject force to deal with the act of terrorists. I assume you have solutions, of which includes recognizing reasons (that the terrorists have), and changing as a result of the terrorist act. I reject that., change can and will occur when BOTH SIDES CHANGE., and in this case the other side wants us to change, and they wish to NOT CHANGE. NO good buddy.....As Reagan said, "trust and verify"..have not seen any acts on the Arab world side that justifies or allows for recognition of perceived problems in that part of the world, PERIOD.

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

I suspect you're not apt to see anything anywhere unless Rush or Faux news tells you it's there. And once one of them tell you it's there, no one will be able to convince you it's not there.

But it's clear you have no idea what I or Orsini, or Fred, or IsrA or most anyone else think. You constantly misquote us, or destroy the context.

3. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

I saw and carefully looked at the Orismo post, with all the Iraq stuff...I do look at all sides, you are the ones who narrow and target your inputs to fit your idealogies. Your criticisms always revert back to the fact you all want the other side silenced. Well it was silent for close to 40 years, and technology and the Internet and Radio, a forgotten media by your side came to the rescue. Now you claim we are the narrow ones, and you want it back the way it was. Suggest you look at all sides., hey speaking of things, HERE is something you can COMPLIMENT BUSH for, when he signs it and he will. There is a LARGE tax incentive ($est. 2750) that will be given for the HYBRID PRIUS, despite the other flaws which I know you will point out, can you at least blame Bush and give him a well done for this, or would that be TOO much to ask for?

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

PS followed the link on the atrocities, and reviewed this reporter's complete input. Seemed like he concentrated only on the US doing all the harm and overlooked everything else., but I guess you consider that a level and unbiased source.

5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nice wordsmithin’ there Orsino.

So which is it?

A) An apology, but you forgot to put a period after, “I'm sorry�
    Or
    B) An admission - and you are sorry that you "remembered the wrong phrase" . . . because you were caught?

My guess is that you will claim to not see a big difference in phrasing just because a silly little period is missing. :roll:

- - -
    “On February 23, 1998, Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri of Egyptian Islamic Jihad issued a fatwa under the banner of the World Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders saying that \"to kill Americans and their allies, civilians, and military is an individual duty of every Muslim who is able.\" Although neither man possessed the Islamic credentials, education or stature to issue a fatwa of any kind, this seems to have been overlooked in the enthusiasm of the moment.â€
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda

I can’t help it if you refuse to acknowledge the facts.

If the aim is to overthrow the local government, why weren’t the bombs placed at vital government buildings???? Why place the bombs at tourist destinations where Westerners tend to congregate??? Divide and conquer is the answer. They want Westerners . . . and if some Islamic infidels are killed in the process, they just rationalize that away too.

[January 4, 2003 meeting]
    “I offered my thanks to President Mubarak for Egyptian support for the war on terrorism.â€

That STILL does not make Egypt . . .
    A partner in the war on terrorism, Yes! But not a “partner†or “member†of the “coalition of the willing.â€

Nice try. Your doublespeak parsing of words won’t fly here either Orsino.

My use of “member†was not a quote of you. I did not write, “Orisno said, “member of the coalition.††. . . unlike your misquotation of me.

My use of “member of the coalition†is in reference to your NYT article and my Wikipedia link . . . in which both use the word “member†. . . and no, neither one uses the exact phrase “member of the coalition.â€
    The only reference to “partner†in either link is the NYT’s “The group of nations that Bush administration officials describe as America's partners in the U.S.-led effort to oust Saddam Hussein.â€
    Eygpt just doesn't show up on any of those lists. Period. The Egyptian government was against the war to remove Sadam from power.

7. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

oRSIMO TOok his leave again, he'll be back in two weaks and try to stir it up again...sad sad sad..

Good Job Patrick

8. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Mirza..don't see any relevance whatsoever!! These are called home spurned terrorists., so what?? The real problem is the MOSQUES< the IMAN's and the tribal Arab ways in Pakistan., a complex problem but never the less, the pathway is no different then the ones that do not live in England. All I see here is a bunch of affluent, spoiled and used idealogist like the ones who protested against Vietnam in this country. They got educated in England, they were given HOUSING, they lived among and with the British People, and yet allowed themselves to be stupidly brainwashed into a 14th century tribalism that rejected all the opportunities and good things that England and their Parents offered to them.

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I'm having trouble understanding your posts... in all honesty and with all due respect, they come off as rambling retorts. For example, what is MOSQUES< the IMAN's supposed to mean? A few of your posts are downright immature, and this is coming from a 21 yeard old attending one of the top 5 party schools in the nation. This isn't a debate where time matters, please take some more time in composing your replies.

10. prius04

prius04 New Member

Very wise indeed.

But I can assure you, deliberation doesn't help.

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nor does debilitation. :roll:

I understand;

“MOSQUES†. . . They are Islamic houses of worship.

“tribal Arab ways in Pakistan.â€
    . . . Refers to the ways of the tribal Arab people of Pakistan.

and

“ IMAN's†. . . I pretty sure it is a misspelling of Imams . . . That is, unless he is referring to something which belongs to a certain black super model married to David Bowie. :p

IALTMANN,
    Mirza makes a few good points. It’s not a race, so proofreading may not be a bad idea. If you find your posts too long to proofread, others may just find them too long to read and decipher. I skip many just for the sake of time.

As for prius04 - I wouldn’t worry too much about what he says. I seriously think he is nothing more than a political operative who is bent on doing what he can for the cause. I can assure you that deliberation in that direction is equally futile.

12. prius04

prius04 New Member

Actually, if you read my posts I've made it clear I'm not very happy with the Democrats. But then SPE, you only read posts on those that disagree with you so you can find a word or two out of place, so you can search the internet for a correction. Seemingly your intent is to obfuscate. This is such a tried and true technique of the right that it makes one wonder who the "operative" really is.

I love my country very much and fear the way the extremely wealthy have manipulated so many of us to vote against the best interests of this nation and it's people. The elite then thrive. And the rest of us stagnate.

Of course, this manipulation by the elite is actually pretty much the way it's been for all of recorded history. The only time in world history when common people started to get empowered was from about 1920 to about 1980. Corresponding to the time when progressives were more consistently in charge. So now that we are giving this country back to the "captains of industry" and /or a "ruling elite" is really only going back to the way it's always been. Good for the elite, bad for America.

13. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius04\";p=\"115160)</div>
    I only said that I think you are a political operative, but if you wish to categorize yourself further to the left than the average Democrat - nobody here will disagree with you.
    [You can’t possibly be trying to make people think you are a Centrist, can you? :lol: ]

Obviously you do not know which post I do or don’t read - unless I comment on then. But your reasoning for writing such a patently misleading statement is nothing more than a transparent attempt to pigeonhole me as being one-dimensional.
    Nice try. :roll:

I read every single post in a thread if I am going to be making a reply (with the exception, as noted above, of some of IALTMANN’s rambling novels). Not reading every post tends to set one’s self up as an ill-informed oof.

As you know, “a word or two out of place†- or even a misplace punctuation mark - can completely change the meaning of a sentence. Due to the lack of voice inflection and/or body language, written words leave the reader at a disadvantage when trying to comprehend the true meaning of what was written. Certain ultra-liberal wordsmiths here in FHOP, apparently purposefully, often change or misquote a word or two to obfuscate the truth. It happens so often that apparently even you have noticed the pattern. Otherwise you would not be accusing me of replying to it as much as I do.:eek: That is . . . unless you are only reading my replies! :wink:

Yes, I do search the internet for corrections. But it’s funny how you accuse me of obfuscating when it is me who, due to the internet searches, provides links to that proof! The wordsmiths, on the other hand, tend to (not allways) just spew unsubstantiated crap until taken to task . . . then they disintegrate the debate into a war of semantics rather than concede to having made an error.

By virtue of me being a conservative, I will tend to stand out amongst the hoards of vocal liberals here in FHOP . . . but it is you my friend who posts more political stuff . . . by orders of magnitude!(For example: 32 prius04 posts on the Downing Street memo topic alone - Compared to my zero)

14. prius04

prius04 New Member

Thanks for the clarifications.

15. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Gee all my posts are gone...WHY?????

16. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

gee where are all my postings in here ?????

17. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

I notice all my posts are gone., while others at the same posting times to respond to mine are still there....is this not censorship ?

18. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It looks like another database problem . . . don’t worry IALTMANN, you still exist . . . or . . . at least you still exist inside quotations.

Kind of reminds me of the Star Trek, The Next Generation episode where Dr. Beverly Crusher is trapped inside a Warp Bubble. You exist as long as you think you exist. :?