1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4 Touring spare tire parts list

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DBS, Jun 20, 2016.

1. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    If my dealer hadn't done it for me as part of the deal, I think I would have gone down the, cut a hole in the existing foam and buy a spare, route, maintaining the extra 2.4" of boot space and perfectly fitting floor piece.

Oversplode and RCO like this.
  2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Wow those prices for parts are high.

3. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Prime rib roast in the kitchen today.

pjm877 and helmkera like this.
  4. greenmonster01

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We did ham... Next year I'm thinking rib roast...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    chicken breasts with all the works.:cool:

RCO likes this.
  6. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

Thanks for this EXCELLENT post! I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2017 Prius Four but the lack of spare tire is holding me back. I assume the 2016 and 2017 Prius have the exact same chassis (let me know if not).
    1. Do you think it would work better to have the dealer put in the Prius 2 floor cover in the Prius 4?
    2. Are you able to lock down the floor cover with your spare tire assembly installed?
    I looked for other pictures of your mod in your threads, but found only 1. If you have others, please post.
    Once I know what the perfect assembly looks like, I will negotiate all this with the dealership to have them add these items at cost (at least, my hope). Thanks again!

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Someone here retrofitted a spare into a level 4, tried to more-or-less do it kosher, and it did not come cheap, was well over a grand. Even then, using the original hatch floor from his non-spare model, there were a few odd disparities. I think because the hatch area walls taper a bit, so raising/lowering the floor changes the fit.

My 2 cents: if you want a spare, get a level that comes with it. If not happy with that, vote with your wallet, shop for other cars. It seems to me as long as customers are willing to buy a car that's not to their liking, and then cobble (expensive and makeshift) solutions, Toyota will continue to sell them.

RCO and kithmo like this.
  8. HAH

HAH New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Can I use my existing floor board ( the one with the wings)? And will any small compact spare work from any Prius? Looks like I could save a bundle getting that from the junk yard.

#28 HAH, May 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
  9. azalea4va

azalea4va Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Here is what I did, a cheaper solution (less than $100). I bought a donut wheel/tire on ebay for $58.
    1. I removed the foam pieces that come with the Touring 4 and placed the tire in the depression. The tire sits about 2.5" above the floor.
    2. I put the jack and accessories inside the tire wheel. I had to open the jack just a little so it fit without sticking up. I did not bother getting the piece that attaches the tire to the frame.
    3. I removed the two pieces of foam from the back side of the floor board. They are just glued on. I put one of them on the cross piece inframe just behind the back seat. This allows that foam to support the floor board when it is re-installed. See the grey foam on the cross beam at the top of picture 3. I bought some 0.5" thick cork tiles (self stick) and put them on the floor.
    4. I took an old leftover peice of 2" thick board insulation and cut it to size. The piece of insulation was just a little small for full coverage but it was close enough so that buying a new 8x4 sheet was not worth it.
    5. The blue board, the top of the wheel, and the grey foam are now all about level and the same height as the original setup. I reinstalled the floor board.
    6. I was also using a rubber mat, I reinstalled that.

DSC01833.JPG DSC01834.JPG DSC01835.JPG DSC01836.JPG DSC01837.JPG DSC01838.JPG

ETP, jb in NE and Mendel Leisk like this.
  10. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just an update for Canadian Prius, for 2019 model year: only one level has the spare, the base 2 wheel drive. :(

11. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Very nice job!