1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

43mpg Lexus CT200h is now on dealer lots starting at $29,999 (photos)

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a small OLED display in the instrument cluster that has the basic hybrid info (Energy Monitor mostly. It's the same one on the Camry Hybrid and other Lexus hybrids) as well as trip information and a standard trip computer (inst. FE, avg FE, E/T, Range, Avg Speed).

The Fire Agate Pearl (brown) colour looks pretty good. Daybreak Mica (mustard yellow) only looks good in the sun. I've seen it at night and at an auto show and both environments don't show off the colour very well.

I couldn't tell the difference in steering in Sport mode vs. normal/ECO mode but the VDIM was definitely less intrusive. My full review is in Matt's thread on the CT200h.

http://priuschat.com/forums/lexus-h...essions-production-vehicle-2.html#post1278600

2. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I'm curious to know if anyone has switched over from a 2010 Prius to the CT200h

If so, how do the MPGs actually compare given the same driver & driving style?

Some people claim the 43 mpg is a lowball figure.

3. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was in San Francisco over the weekend. I saw two CT200h on the streets of S.F. I saw A LOT of HS250h ! There were A LOT of HS250h! Oddly, although I did see a few Prius, it didn't seem to reflect what I've heard people on this forum post, that Prius are everywhere in S.F. I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just saying it's not what I observed during the ~8 hours of driving I did between SFO, the Oakland Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Park, and San Jose, twice; one round drip on Friday and one round drip on Saturday. I saw two Honda Insight Zipcars.