1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

48.3mpg for the first 2600 miles

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by George Flanagin, Jun 8, 2016.

1. George Flanagin

George Flanagin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2016 v, trim level 4. Purchased mid February 2016.

1100 of the miles were a roundtrip Richmond Virginia to Atlanta Georgia, the rest are round trips from home to work (16 miles per day) and weekend errands. It is not my first Prius (2011 Prius 3), so I had a good idea how to approach driving. My colleague with an office across the hall bought the Privius, and he is getting in the low 50s off the mark.

I am quite pleased with modest drop in fuel efficiency combined with considerably more space in the car.

Sooner Al and alanclarkeau like this.
  2. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What MPG were you getting with your 2011?

My wife's work cars is a Gen 2 (2008). She travels 40K+ miles/year, so fuel economy is an important consideration. We've been thinking about a V as her next vehicle because she needs a bit more luggage space... but the difference in published EPA mileage between the standard Prius and the V is dreadful.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

3. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Did you do the math or is that what the computer reported?

4. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    That's great. We also purchased 'v' for the cargo space and the gas mileage. For us the gas mileage was a large step up from our old minivan which got 20-22 MPG. So far around town I have been averaging 47+ MPG manually calculated. The car computer seems to compute a higher gas mileage by 2-3 MPG.

Ooppss...

Just noticed this is an old thread from this summer. Is the OP still around?

#4 Sooner Al, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016