1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4th gen Prius aftermarket seats 4 broken tail bone comfort?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by chughes123, Feb 1, 2017.

1. chughes123

chughes123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My mother has recently had tail bone surgery. Are there any Lexus seats, or aftermarket seats that would work on a 2016 Prius? Doesn't necessarily need to be a power seat but that would be great.
    Pain level is very high when she is driving. It is mostly her, but I don't think the seats are particularly comfortable.
    I remember a video when the new Prius first came out, think the Engineer said that the seats were inspected by the CEO because he wanted seats that were comfortable for back comfort... i don't believe it.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i haven't seen any plug and play. most have been custom conversions. have you tried a back support shoppe?

3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With my Captain Sensible hat on here, perhaps if the pain is so severe your mother should avoid traveling in all uncomfortable vehicles until she's sufficiently recovered. IMHO, if something hurts me, it's my body telling me to stop doing whatever it was that caused my pain. :)

Islandgrl and Sooner Al like this.
  4. bobzchemist

bobzchemist Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    chughes123 likes this.
  5. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    No offense, but IMHO, your mother shouldn't be driving until she recovers. Maybe get one of those office chair lumbar supporters or a pillow.

6. chughes123

chughes123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, the recovery time can be up to 1 year. She had the pain for a long time before the surgery as well, because it turns out the bones was broken. We thought it just had to do with her bone cancer even though there was no evidence to support bone cancer being in that region.

We are going to probably visit some luxury car dealerships and just see if it's possible to have a seat she can actually sit in for any amount of time first.
    That Recaro seat is interesting. Looks huge, wonder if it would fit and has the seat sensors, mount points and everything compatible.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i was thinking that too. i was looking for a vehicle fitment chart, but it said to call.

8. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope she gets better. Put her in a new Toyota Avalon. Those seats are very comfy and have many adjustments, even a thigh extender. It's a Lexus without the badge, so it's $7,000 less.

RCO likes this.