1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4th generation coming 2015!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by edmcohen, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Lot of good designs have the USB port at bottom of the center stack (in front of the shifter). Avalon is an example, and there is an iPod / Phone tray just next to USB port and cover for it all. ...

I guess one puts an iPhone as music player under the armrest in Prius??

btw, pretty odd what is going on with the 'shortened' center armrest in the 2012+ Prius. I'll bet more than a few elbows would like to use the armrest but can't because a cupholder is there.

Felt likes this.
  2. CapeAnn

CapeAnn Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

You did not like my "2 unit" of time drawing??? Just kidding. :D:D

Personally, I think the fly bridge has some advantages - it has some Feng shui bits in there as it integrates the flow of the dash into the rest of the car.

Felt likes this.
  3. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Sergiospl likes this.
  5. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hope they are testing something for a Prius sports Coupe with SuperCap!

6. inferno

inferno Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hold your horses guy. I think it was May 20, 2008 Toyota announced 2009 a carryover but a **short** one to signify the gen III release. Anyone know if the 2009 Gen II dropped in price big time?

In general I think each Gen Prius went up in price...

7. matrix_uam

matrix_uam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Last week I went to a Toyota dealer in Madrid to ask price for a Gen 3 for a friend who is planning to get a new car when I was told that they´ve just got a new Prius reference model in their systems. The new model is called "Prius 2014 model" and the system showed that there wasn´t any unit available in Spain. The units available are referenced as model 2012 (when the Prius got a middle life cycle facelift). The dealer´s system didn´t show any further information about this new model.

For your information, at least here in Spain, Toyota doesn´t work with year reference model as it seems you get in USA. We only get a different referenced model when there is a facelift or a complete new model.

In my opinion a new year model sounds strange with Gen 4 to be revealed in less than a year period. The last updated version of Gen 2, in Spain, was 2008 and it was available in the last quarter 2007 (almost 2 years before the first Gen 3 units arrived to Spain). I hope this is a first signal of the Gen 4 because if this is not, it could means that Gen 4 is still very far from being available in Spain.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius prices dropped like a rock by late Fall of 2008 ... due to economy falling off a cliff. I remember after having spent MSRP in August 2008. By Winter 2009 after 2010 was revealed, $5k off Gen IIs was had across the board. Then came UA claims, James Sykes, shaving gas pedals and all later.

9. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Long post, sorry in advance.

So I'm looking to buy a Prius. After having a focus with almost no features, I want to go all in on the Prius. I don't want any holes or blank plastic pieces where features should be. That being said I was looking for a level 5 with the advanced tech package.

When I began my search I noticed most dealers don't have them. Not too surprising as 35k is steep for a Prius, but I really want one and I want one loaded. :)

To get to the point, most dealers don't have level 5's and when they do they're base. At most dealers have had like one base level 5 with no promises of getting more. They wouldn't even offer to build me one or find one. I thought this was weird so I went to Toyota's website to build one and then locate it. To my surprise, you cannot build a level 5 with the tech package despite the Prius landing page offering it. When building the level 5 and you reach the options page it states "no options available" and then that's it. It takes you to the accessories page.

When I go to dealers and ask about this problem it gets shrugged off and they claim not to know anything about it or they lie and tell me it does work. But these are the same people who won't order or locate one for me.

All of that said, if Toyota is phasing out trims, could this mean we are getting closer to a new generation??

10. cmth

cmth Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmm very interesting... often I've wondered what dealers really know about new models.

Logically speaking, its hard to imagine Toyota divulging sensitive information on upcoming models outside its own secure domain but on the other hand, surely there will be instances where production of outgoing model cease to make way for a new model and there will be some sort of a standard explanation given by Toyota at that point.

Are there any dealers here who can explain further.

11. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Check out the Lexus Hybrid version of the Prius as it comes standard with many of your desired options.

JeffD

12. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've thought about it not a fan of the styling and it's a little out of my range.

13. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I thought it was odd too. Kind of annoying actually lol. I can't believe they won't even build me one. To me that's a sign that we are close.

14. 70AARCUDA

70AARCUDA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    With all (intentional) cynicism aside, when the stealerships WON'T take your money, you KNOW something 'new' is in the pipeline.

15. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Ha I like that. Clever.

16. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    it says they will reduce the weight of the prius 20% that is lighter than the prius c, I think this is unlikely, but would make a mpg monster out of the prius, if they increase the power of the motor/gen the lithium batt should improve mpg in town even more. new curb weight 2434 lbs

17. CapeAnn

CapeAnn Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have seen this report before: just google Prius 2015 - and it'll turn up. Additionally, it says it may reserve batteries for higher end models. The current PIP used Lithium ion already.

"The Prius Plug-in hybrid features a high voltage Hybrid Vehicle (HV) battery pack that contains sealed Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery cells. " -Toyota Hybrid Dismantling Manual

18. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Slightly off topic:

I saw a report today that Mazda is working on an electric vehicle with a very small rotary ICE for a range extender. All it would do would be to charge the battery. Having once owned an RX7, I am a tremendous supporter of rotary power. A small rotary sounds interesting. The article said that emissions were something they had not completely solved to date.

19. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

curb weight 2,434 lb. Gen 4 liftback?

Game over. Sales will shrink to a couple or few thousand a month in US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.