1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4th generation coming 2015!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by edmcohen, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hope some of these NS4 features end up in Gen IV Prius.
    The direction now is touch screen function instead of countless buttons, so the console should not be too wide since no transmission. The new Accord just gave up the double wishbone.
    Toyota NS4 Advanced Plug-In Hybrid Concept - YouTube

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greenhouse looks sleek, but how much interior room would it have?

3. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You need a padded console, like in this 2014 Lexus IS, but may still be somewhat wide.

4. priusplusowner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    Compare the roof lines from front side and the wind shield shape/curvature at the joint between the roof and the wind shield. The supposed prototype has another roofline! The supposed source from Toyota that was in Motortrends "interview" talked about retracted A-pillar. I think you can see how this was solved in a clever way without loosing the typical Prius shape. The pillars are retracted but not the mid part of the wind shield. This seems to me as it makes i more aerodynamic compared to the 10-model behind, just compare them! This seems to me to be the only fact that tells us that this might in fact be the prototype of the 2015 prius.
    I also think you can see a more aggresive shape at the front, more like the new Auris/Rav4 front. However, I do believe the the CT200h dashboard is just a part of the test rig , not what we will see in the production vehicle.

Sergiospl likes this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Ok upon further inspection of the photos, I take back what I said. The front door looks different. The forward part of the roof appears flatter and the front triangle window appears to be part of the front door now. The mirrors are also mounted differently.

6. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Another look!
    1. The roof now looks more dome-shaped instead of the indentation of the current.
    2. Front windshield seems more curved
    3. The hood is raised up or just padding.
    4. Can't see the side longitudinal crease above the door handles
    5. And the review mirror not mounted on the door.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  7. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Good eye folks.
    I also notice the grille is more squared (I am guessing that is real and not part of the shroud).
    Mirror is bigger also.
    The front windshield most definitely follows the rise of the roof as well, instead of being straight across the top.

What does a "retracted A-Pillar" mean? I thought the A-pillar is between the front and rear door. It could be the shroud, but it looks larger in the spy shot.

If you look at Autoblog - We Obsessively Cover the Auto Industry there are a lot more spy shots.

Sergiospl likes this.
  8. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A-pillar comes down right by the front door opening, can't see if there is a rear quarter window.

9. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm bummed the new body style isn't much different. Looks like more industrial anger is on the way. :)

Looks like they tried to disguise the back window as a smaller size but the windshield wiper doesn't clear the shroud covering and the top hatch door edge might show a crease - the hatch and window might be larger than the shroud indicates.

10. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If the next Gen Prius really does bump fuel economy to 55+ through DI, I'll be very surprised if the improvement is not heralded by substantial changes in the car's looks.

11. priusplusowner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Exactly my point. Probably to make it more aerodynamic and also look better.
    2. Same as above.
    5. Didn´t notice that - you have a sharp eye!

Sergiospl likes this.
  12. priusplusowner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    A pillar is the front most pillar of the car, between the wind shield and the door hinge of the front door. Look at Wikipedias article. (Cant link yet since im a new user)

13. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Posted the photos and thought Gen III+ dash instrument cluster from the ct 200h until I read your post and took a closer look. Can't figure out the sharp lines from the headlights, but looks somewhat aggressive.

14. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The side windows appear more vertical as well.

15. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    notice whete the rear wheels are on the IIIrd and IVth gen's. looks like quiet of the change there.

16. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Looking at the spy pictures carefully suggest several interesting things to me. First, if that is indeed a 2015 mule, there is a strong resemblance to the 3rd generation..... but there are differences. That is what I would expect.

In addition to the rounded roof, the high point of the roof appears to be further aft, suggesting to me that the rear roof lines falls more abruptly at the rear, perhaps eliminating the split rear window?

If you scribe a line on the side front and rear door window sills, the line appears to intersect the front headlights lower than the 3rd. G.

The doors appear to be just flat panels. I suspect a sculptured panel is hidden by flat masking.

The front grille is more square. Might that facilitate a grille that can be opened and closed? Notice also, there is something white showing behind the grille. Many have called for a grille that can be blocked during the winter.

The front lower bumper behind the shroud appears to be not nearly so rounded as the 3rd G.

If I have any disappointment, it is the interior. I hope the pictures thus far are not representative of the interior.

17. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I liked most of the CT200 interior the year I owned the car, but I was forever moaning the absence of a center rest for my right arm.

18. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    bisco, you are a silver tongue devil ..... don't cha know. :D

19. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Owner Experience is a buzz word today, and improving seats is the quickest boost to Owner Experience

20. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.