1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB 4x steelies (NY)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by txl146, Apr 21, 2012.

1. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have a set of 4 steelies for sale? I need a set of steelies for my winter set up.

Thanks,

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have collected 8 extra ones over the years from Corolla's so they have the same bolt pattern, offset & backspacing: 2 of them have good winter tires which i'm saving for next winter, 2 are available now with no tires on them, and 4 have winter tires which are going bald, I'm still running them for another month or two because they do not have enough tread for next winter so I mind as well use them and save the tread on my all season tires.

so if you are willing to wait a couple of months and pay for shipping from Michigan I can sell you a complete set (snow is quite a ways off!!!). Figure around $40-$60 (just a guess, don't hold me to it) via fed ex ground.

I have extra corolla wheel covers available but they are in extremely bad shape and I was planning on using them to practice bondo-ing and painting so that my touring wheel covers come out nice. Make me a reasonable offer on the wheels.

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just noticed you offered a pair of firestones winterforce for sale and then withdrew the sale. If you also need another pair of winter tires to make a complete set of 4 I can actually sell you 2 empty steel wheels and 2 more with bridgestone blizzaks mounted on them. they should both have 7/32" of tread left but I accidentally drove on one underinflated for a week or two so one is at 6/32".

So if you want 4 steel wheels and two good winter tires I would be able to sell you that immediately w/o wait. And yes all my winter tires are 195 65 15 even though I have a gen II Prius which gives me higher ground clearance and allows me to interchange tires with my Corolla. Send me a PM.

4. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the post. I may have found a set locally; if deal falls through I will let you know.

Curious.. how much are you asking for a set of 4 shipped to 12524?

5. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $25 each or $90 for all 4 in "used" condition with a little rust, all hold air.
    I just bought a bunch of sandpaper and have a lot of leftover duplicolor sealer primer and clearcoat from a previous repair so I was planning on going to town on them this summer and buying some proper base coat paint and then selling them in "refurbished" condition for $130-$140

Shipping would probably be $50 to NY
    I would sell the blizzaks for $50 and it would probably add $10 to the overall shipping charge due to the weight and size of the tires.

6. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks - I am supposed to pick up a set of 2010 Toyota Corolla steelies this Saturday. I will let you know by Friday PM.

7. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    no problem, someone else saw this thread and has expressed interest in the wheels. I fully understand why people want an upgrade from their stock wheel and tires. But I don't understand why people from the north would give up their stock wheels and tires because its much smarter to run a set of winter tires from Nov-March than running a nice set of wheels year round with tires not designed for extremely cold temperatures.

The guy who is selling you his Corolla steel wheels is an idiot, as are all the Corolla owners who have sold me their steel wheels over the years.

8. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with you. I have BBS/Michelin PS2 set up for summer on my Subaru, which never see a snow.

I plan to do the same for our Prius.