1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5 minute fuel consumption display

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by pc001, Sep 14, 2009.

1. pc001

pc001 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The bars that indicate 5 min fuel consumption are not independent of each other on my display. When a new bar is added to the graph, the size of the previously written bars change (usually get larger). For example, on a recent trip, the first 5 min bar displayed 50 MPG. When the second and third bars were displayed, the first bar increased to 60 and 100 MPG, respectively. The second bar also increased in size after the the third bar was written. I'm wondering whether there is a glitch in the computer. Can anyone tell me if this is the way it's supposed to work. If so, how does one interpret this information. My dealer wasn't much help.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Odd, mine does not do that. The bars are filled in from the right and the previous bars are pushed to the left. Once written, they don't change (in value) for me. Almost wish they did as the first one is always a sucky 27mpg. :)

3. LakePrius

LakePrius Special member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yes - the bars are pushed from passenger side to driver's side so that the far right bar is always the latest 5 minutes, and the far left bar is always the oldest five minutes.

1 person likes this.
  4. pc001

pc001 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you for responding to my question. I didn't realize that the bars move to the left. I'm likely getting getting better gas milage during the second 5 min period as you're experiencing which led me to believe that the first bar was getting larger.

5. hotbrass

hotbrass New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Where is the 1 minute fuel consumption displayed?

6. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    in the same spot at the 5 min, just hold down the display button to switch between the two.

1 person likes this.