1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5 Seat Prime finally arrives

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by civicdriver06, Mar 7, 2019.

1. LycosLMCh

LycosLMCh New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ok, so about my Prius PHV preorder, I am still yet to have any perfectly watertight proof of the 5-seater. The preorder is in the system and I'm currently waiting for the importing company to message me. The car is said to be currently in manufacturing and the earliest ETA is said to be 11.7.2019 so its going to be a few months in any case. I will update again as soon as I get some actual proof in physical form or something like that.

2. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Apparently the fifth seat has arrived

GTprii likes this.
  3. kevin.c

kevin.c Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LycosLMCh likes this.
  4. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Now you're talking!! Toyota, talk to me about the new 1000 lb lighter Prime Coupe plug in hybrid hatchback with solid state lithium ion 150 mile range battery AND spare tire! I'll be right over with my check!!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

5. LycosLMCh

LycosLMCh New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, I just got the first 5seat prius phev in Finland. I drove it home from shop just a moment ago, that is, a trip of about 300 km. Heres some initial remarks.

Seriously might be the most pleasant car I've driven - and I used to work for hertz and europcar, moving rental cars around for few years. Adaptive cruise control and lane assist were both a new experience for me, suffice to say I love them. Didnt yet try anything else on that department like full-stop feature etc.

5th seat is what youd expect. Nothing peculiar about it to my mind, just as un-spacious as any 5th seat in any common sedan/hatchback. I transport friends and family to places every week so its must have. But as said, its just a perfectly normal 5th seat.

Range with hybrid mode is crazy, better than I thought. Today was sunny, clear and only a tad windy. +28 degrees celcius. I left the shop with full tank, 70% battery (we drove around the city a bit before leaving and only filled the gas tank just when we were about to depart) and drove 288km with 77% score and still have less than 7/8 but more than 3/4 of gas left, range meter showing 940 km left before refuel. Average gasoline consumption was 2.0l/100km rising slowly to 3.1 by the time when batteries had already been drained for an hour or so. I was expecting something like 1000km tops with a full battery and gas tank and remarkably well positioned saturn, jupiter, mars and moon. In any case to me those numbers are quite extraordinary after driving a gas hungry biemer for 10 years. Will have to see whether that 940 km is a trustworthy estimation by driving further though. Oh, and I didnt charge the battery during the trip, only plugged it in after I got home. Total ground elevation of the starting point and destination according to gps seems less than 10 meters, that should be negligible. Three people in total were on board, combined weight something like 170kg. No cargo.

15" wheels were fitted at import shop instead of the 17" I saw in some brochure for european prius phev, but they are nice enough to drive with, I even might stick with them and get something else for winter around 15-17" size.

360 camera is no pushover, it has seriously cameras all over the place. 360 bird view is just one, in addition theres reverse cam, front cam, side cams facing front so you can see whats next to your front tires. You get to choose quite freely which cam you need and the touch screen has some additional settings embedded to them.

I must admit, this car so nice I'm even starting to enjoy the exterior design in some strange way.

Anything you might be curious of? Anyone wishing for photos, a video perhaps?

Edit: ambiguous phrases, typos

6. Rob43

Rob43 Senior Member

VA, BMW Race Car, BMW R1200R, BMW 330Ci, Ford F350
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    ^ Congrats, enjoy your new Prime ! :)

Rob43

LycosLMCh likes this.
  7. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    +1 Yes Congrats. You have a pleasurable learning experience ahead of you. (y)

LycosLMCh likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Congrats on the new car! Very exciting. :)

I am curious to see how the 360 camera works (interfaces, camera mounting, etc) if you can share some photos or video later... that is not a feature available on the North American models. :unsure:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! First 2020 PHV from Europe! (Well I guess it’s still a 2019 since you guys don’t do model years).

LycosLMCh likes this.