1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6 disc changer in classic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mlibanio, Feb 22, 2009.

1. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi everyone,
    I just got a 6 disc changer for my 2002 Prius from a donor 2001 Toyota Corolla. Now it works just fine in the Corolla. When I hook it up to my Prius, the MFD changes to show that it recognizes the 6 disc changer and has the 6 buttons on screen. It loads discs just fine, and I can switch CD's from the MFD. But it does not spin up the disc, why? But when we put it back in the corolla its fine. When I put my single disc, the MFD changes back to single CD and it loads up fine. Any ideas?

2. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also just picked up a multi disk changer from EBAY. It is a 6 disc changer with the number 74840 on the front and the model number 08601-00888 and a built date of March 2001.
    Does anyone know if this is a correct part # for the 2001-03 Prius?
    My 02 has a single disc player and I intend to replace it with this unit. There is a plug on the unit so I expect to be able to simply unplug the old unit when I take it out and then plug the new unit in and screw it in.
    DO I need a different set of mounting brackets and/or wires?

Thanks,
    Ed

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    There is some sort of wiring/Y-harness trick to making the 6CDs work in NHW11 Prius, I've forgotten it but MRV knows. Michelle where are you? Zai nar?