1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6 Month Report

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ffatta, Jan 17, 2015.

1. ffatta

ffatta Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Next week will be 6 months with my C. With the exception of the wheel alignment that was performed 4 days after taking delivery, I am happy to report that I have had no additional issues. Thus far I have driven a total of 17000 miles. I have had 2 oil changes performed (one at 5K and the second at 15K). Along with the oil changes I also have rotated the tires twice and have changed both the engine and cabin air filters. (Stealership wanted $75.00, Amazon & AutoZone $25.00). Since my free oil changes are finished, I will DIY them starting at 25K. I will continue to balance & rotate at that interval as well. A few questions. With respect to the oil changes, is there anything extra I need to know? I have performed DIY oil changes on past cars. Do you change oil plug gasket with each oil change? Any recommendations on oil/filter combos? Or do I stick with Toyota brands. I put on 3000 miles a month so I look to change my oil every 3 months or 10,000 miles. As the miles pile up, what other maintenance should I start to perform. I plan on keeping this car at least 5 years. With current gas prices and the improvement mileage, I am saving about $200.00 a month in gas over my previous vehicle (2009 Hyundai Elantra). My lifetime MPG is right around 54.5. This car has exceed all of my expectations. I look forward to your responses and thank you all in advance. Happy motoring!

coyote303, ftl and legoadan like this.
  2. khymburlie

khymburlie New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I need to take mine in for an alignment also and just purchased my 2014 Prius C about 3 weeks ago. Is this a trend? I didn't actually test the C I ended up buying, so I didn't notice right away.

3. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    let me guess.. steering wheel has to be turned off center right to go in straight line?