1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

60% of Americans OK with declawing - agree?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Favor

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. Oppose

33 vote(s)
    70.2%
  1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The poll responses are too simplistic. I choose favor simply because I'm not calling for an outright ban on declawing.
    I don't see ever considering it for any new feline additions that may come along. If necessary, I'll go with cutting the claw extracting tendons. It makes claw trimming more important, but leaves all the pieces in place.
    If it's to be done, declawing needs to be done while the cat is young.

2. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Polls by definition are simplistic or they would defeat the purpose of giving a clear snapshot of what a group thinks. I've badly worded poll questions in the past, but it's near impossible to word it so everybody is comfortable....I've done poll questions a lot worse than this one.

To the topic at hand, many of the EU countries that generally outlaw declawing have exceptions, but they are rare.

The procedure cutting the tendons is a good mention as the cat still has their complete paw, but there are other considerations. If the cat is unfriendly about trimming, this is not going to be very viable.

Heavier housecats and big cats suffer more declawed as gravity make bearing weight more painful.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My heavier declawed cat has mastered the technique of transferring any increased discomfort to the person she is standing on.