1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

64mpg on a 130 mile rt daily commute

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by fureal, Mar 19, 2015.

1. fureal

fureal New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I bought my 2014 Prius C 2 weeks ago watch some YouTube videos on getting better mileage... with a feather foot touch ( and annoying some local drivers with a at or slightly below speed limits) I got excellent results... if i drive a bit more nomally the same RT commute gives me 57 MPG. Funny thing is driving a wee bit slower doesn't make the drive the least bit longer time-wise

2. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If I go 65 mph or 90 mph it doesn't matter if traffic is completely jammed up a few miles ahead, as I'll still be behind the same car. Unfortunately, the average person doesn't understand that.

I recommend using Fuelly - Track and Compare your MPG to keep track of your mpg history.

3. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That is probably because you spend less time actually stopped......and that is the main factor in your increased mileage too.

[Edit] It is not the actual stopping that makes the difference but the accelerating back up to speed again.

Are those numbers what the display says.......or calculated from filling the tank ??
    The number on the display is always a bit higher than reality.

4. fureal

fureal New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I check the display again 4 fill-ups they are almost identical only a mile diiferent and i only fill to auto shut-off at the pump

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    OP, definitely note the above. While you're likely still doing very good, Toyota LOVES to fudge the displayed mpg.

6. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't think that really answered the question. The onboard display of MPG is well known to be "optomistic"; it errs on the high side.
    To get your real MPG, you must record miles and gallons and do the math.