1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

65k miles on my 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by scott.in.colorado, Feb 6, 2013.

1. scott.in.colorado

scott.in.colorado Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Most of know the Prius is a nice car, we all bought one. I got my car in December 2008, late model but a decent deal. I got the extended warranty after tons of haggling, $800. Was pleased with this but know as we all do its basically a rip off! I have never taken my car to a dealer, or anywhere else, as no issues, I change my own oil and rotate my tires, put in my air filter, and the easy stuff. The car has been great. I'd received a few recall notices and never paid much attention to them. My sister bought the same car (we bought them together) and recently had hers in for service and they told her the 12v battery needed replacing. The dealer wanted $300 for this. Got me to thinking about getting my car in for the recalls and general checkup. I checked my 12v battery before I took it in, and it seemed fine, 12v under load, but I charged it up a bit anyway, to 13v. The dealer changed the hybrid water pump under recall and found the motor water pump leaking, which I wonder about as there have been no issues or water missing / leaking. This was replaced under the extended warranty. Cool! (As I was not paying for it anyway). The dealer told me my car is in good shape, which I knew, but glad to hear from them. I looked at the new Prius's and was discouraged to see the mileage has gone down on the V, to 43/40 or similar to this due to the larger car and more weight with a new gear ratio at the back wheels. I hope this car lasts another 60k miles, as I still like it a lot. Oh, we got my sister the Optima Yellow D51, and all is good now, but I really wonder if her 12v battery was bad!

Hope you are all enjoying your Prius..

Scott

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Probably was. I got 3 1/4 years out of the 1st one on my Gen2. The 2nd one lasted a couple months.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat, all the best on the next 60,000!:)