1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

68ohm resistor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by delgesu, Oct 30, 2008.

1. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    you got to have the resistor. the kit I bought for my '04 had the resistor preinstalled. it was plug n play. I think it was a scosche wiring kit.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would be careful with that ... once you're in the 1, 5, or 10 watt category (what some would call power resistors), you might find, if you smash one up for experiment's sake, that it is made of coiled wire inside. In other words, resistors built that way are also inductors. And considering that the purpose of the resistor in this circuit is to dampen signal reflections on a digital communication line, that's not one of the uses where you would really want your resistor to be an inductor. :)

-Chap

3. TonyPriusuk08

TonyPriusuk08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Build of Chinese Double DIN (2DIN) radio/nav/carkit (incl photo's) | PriusChat

thanks for your responses im not very electrically skilled can you advise whether you think this post that i have attached would work for someone like myself?.I have a harness i have ordered that will control the steering controls which uses two of cables from the old set up but am i correct in thinking i need somehow to plug in to the old spare wiring that i didnt use?

4. Asher lov

Asher lov New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    everyone I just put in an Android auto in my Toyota Prius 2008 model and the same happens as the guys above... I lost all the functions of my old screen including the air-conditioning battery level and rear the windows I understand from the conversations that I have to put in a resister to connect the wires but I don't know how to make it and which one to use I have a diagram of the 2008 Toyota Prius radio wiring harness but my wires are a little bit difference so can someone please help me find the correct resister and give me advice how to put it in?