1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

69% Say It’s Likely Scientists Have Falsified Global Warming Research

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Trebuchet, Aug 4, 2011.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Only 69% think scientists have falsified data? They must not have read many of the peer reviews. Now did reports get false data by accident? Or was it on purpose? I tend to think the later. But if everyone actually read the reports the number should be 100%. Then again their are those that don't know that the majority of the hijackers on 9/11 were saudis and think that the US needs to prop up that government because otherwise something bad will happen.

The world is warming, and some of the consensus that scientists have been trying to sell us is still pure fabrication though much of it is good reviewed research.

It is pure politics to say things like, the glaciers are all melting, it must be global warming. If you disagree you aren't a scientist. This is exactly what the head of the IPCC said to the indian government's chief scientists, in support of a false report by the IPCC on the rapid melting of Himalayan glaciers. I do believe that we still claim the head of the IPCC is a scientist. Did Phil Jones's dog eat his homework, or did he not release data to be peer reviewed, because it would not have passed muster? We do have his email saying he would destroy the data rather than release it. This is besides the point that much of hadcrut data is good and supported, but we should not excuse these things and think the pope of the UN has blessed the data so it does not need to be looked at by human eyes. Sarcasm intended, for those that believe in the infallibility of the IPCC, and that the US is the only country questioning some of the bad data. Science requires questioning of methods and data not blind belief.

1 person likes this.
  2. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    "I do believe that we still claim the head of the IPCC is a scientist."
    Hes a railroad engineer.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, you two are just so adorable; I could just pinch your little cheeks! Ever think of taking your act on the road (And now...Captain Myopia and his sidekick, Blinders Lad!)?

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    If you actually read what I wrote, you might realize that I don't agree with mojo on much, and I don't agree with you on one of the things that you seem to be in agreement with mojo. Both of you seem to think your politics trumps science.

Just like whether the hijackers were Iraqi, the question of whether there have been falsified Global warming Research, is a mater of fact not opinion. The opinion poll can simply say if people side with the facts or believe something wrong. I gave you two examples of research that was reported to be more accurate than it was. Some seem to want to argue what the meaning of "is" is, but there have been false scientific claims on both sides that seem to be believed because world view is more important than science.

5. Rocco42

Rocco42 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So we are supposed to believe what 69% of all ditch diggers believe on the topic of climate change. Yeah right.

It's also a well known fact that 50% of the population have a lower than average IQ. This would lead one to believe that only about 35% of people with above average IQ believe this.

6. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    don't you know the science had been replaced with polling? you did not read the latest poll?