1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

70 MPH and 42+ MPG - quite happy with performance+MPGs

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by scottf200, Sep 3, 2012.

1. scottf200

scottf200 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In the past couple month or so I've taken more trips in my Volt than I ever have. Last weekend took another to visit my oldest son.

What percentage of the cars out there get 42+MPG driving 70 MPH with great performance? BTW, this was the speedlimit on the road I was on. I don't take a lot of these trips but I'm perfectly happy (no actually thrilled) with the MPGs. (This graphic shows I mainly drive electric Volt Stats: Details for Volt #2011-01234 (Sovereign scottf200) )

I am quite happy with the gas only mileage actually. I got > 42 MPG last weekend driving 70 MPH! I reset my Trip B Odo 0.9 miles after the gas generator/engine turned on as these two photos prove.

These are the same trip but different views.
    See 288 miles on gas (38 miles on battery):
    [​IMG]

70 MPH & 42+MPG - see 287 miles on gas (so does not include battery miles) - reset 0.9 miles after ICE started:
    [​IMG]

John Hatchett likes this.
  2. scottf200

scottf200 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So we went out to dinner (German) with friends last night. I enjoyed some Octoberfest freshments and decided it was best if wife drove home. We (she) couldn't quite make it home without gas and used 0.07 gallons. I went out the garage this morning to head out to play racquetball. Saw the car was not plugged in. Dang it. Oh well no reason to take our ICE only vehicle and I get to see what kinds of gas mileage I get.

1st short ride is me forgetting my water bottle so I came back to the house. Thought the SOCs were interesting.

Used 0.46 gallons to go 21.08 miles for 45.82 MPG. Drove it in SPORTs mode and didn't coddle it either! Probably better that 98% of the cars out and I'm thrilled with that.

[​IMG]

3. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where are you getting that screenshot? Not VoltStats.

4. scottf200

scottf200 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OBD testing/tracking device that I'm testing. I thought it nicely proved my MPG numbers as well proved that the Volt is not "recharging up" the HV battery when you are driving on the GasGenerator/ICE.

DASHDAQ and some other OBD based readers can give you the same SOC info. tboult does this for one. site:gm-volt.com Torque android app bluetooth (OBD2 OR OBDII) - Google Search

5. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been using torque and a cheap bluetooth obd2 adapter, carry over from the Prius, but I have not had much success in finding PIDs for the Volt.