1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9/11 Images

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Sep 11, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]511333[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! That's the best you've got. I give a clear coherent response to a complex question and you blame me of being a Pollyanna!! Sad and weak...I'd be awarded the win in ANY debate easily here.
    You're just frustrated, I realize, b/c I didn't give you the simple yes or no answer that would provide an easy counter attack for you. I say "Yes" and you tell me I'm a hypocrite b/c that's what Bush, et al. did and I've complained about that. I say "No" and you tell me that even I don't love my country and don't support the foreign policy of my own candidate.
    You're predictible. Anyone watching a few minutes of Faux news could predict your comments and tactics with ease.

2. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]511333[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! That's the best you've got. I give a clear coherent response to a complex question and you blame me of being a Pollyanna!! Sad and weak...I'd be awarded the win in ANY debate easily here.
    You're just frustrated, I realize, b/c I didn't give you the simple yes or no answer that would provide an easy counter attack for you. I say "Yes" and you tell me I'm a hypocrite b/c that's what Bush, et al. did and I've complained about that. I say "No" and you tell me that even I don't love my country and don't support the foreign policy of my own candidate.
    You're predictible. Anyone watching a few minutes of Faux news could predict your comments and tactics with ease.

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    =berman getting pwned!

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    =berman getting pwned!

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Sep 12 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]511336[/snapback]</div>
    Please darwood - at least the good doctor knows that his line of debate is headed in a direction most liberals do not want to go - the realism of obama in terms of attacking targets of priority located in sovereign countries who might not be friendly with us is refreshing to hear from a democrat today - although the the democrats of past (when I was one) like scoop jackson would find it a postion of common sense - my bet is he would be as offended as i was by moveon.orgs character assassination of the US Commander of forces in Iraq.

mind you - attacking targets of priority in foreign sovereign countries is never black and white and never simple and usually without collateral PR damage done to the attacking country - points that you got and used as simple cover to duck the question and the questions that were going to follow....

take care

quick question for you to ponder.. Is killing al-qaeda and degrading their ability to harm us a priority today -a re those targets that would in your opinion be worthy of US action(s).

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Sep 12 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]511336[/snapback]</div>
    Please darwood - at least the good doctor knows that his line of debate is headed in a direction most liberals do not want to go - the realism of obama in terms of attacking targets of priority located in sovereign countries who might not be friendly with us is refreshing to hear from a democrat today - although the the democrats of past (when I was one) like scoop jackson would find it a postion of common sense - my bet is he would be as offended as i was by moveon.orgs character assassination of the US Commander of forces in Iraq.

mind you - attacking targets of priority in foreign sovereign countries is never black and white and never simple and usually without collateral PR damage done to the attacking country - points that you got and used as simple cover to duck the question and the questions that were going to follow....

take care

quick question for you to ponder.. Is killing al-qaeda and degrading their ability to harm us a priority today -a re those targets that would in your opinion be worthy of US action(s).

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]511357[/snapback]</div>
    Again, another 'set up' question...you again want a black and white answer to a complex question so that if you get your black and white answer you can attack no matter what. Predictible.
    But I will ponder it as you suggest.

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]511357[/snapback]</div>
    Again, another 'set up' question...you again want a black and white answer to a complex question so that if you get your black and white answer you can attack no matter what. Predictible.
    But I will ponder it as you suggest.

9. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll play I'll play... The answer to your question is yes. So you win this round, happy?

Now your turn...

Hypothetically, let's say after 30 years of unsuccessful american conventional military intervention resulted in no appreciable elimination of "al-qaeda", the ONLY way to eliminate the threat were to nuke 3 hypothetical muslim cities that harbored these evildoers, would you approve of this tactic? Yes or no. Giving any of your typical spin-fluff results in an immediate taser up your bum.

10. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll play I'll play... The answer to your question is yes. So you win this round, happy?

Now your turn...

Hypothetically, let's say after 30 years of unsuccessful american conventional military intervention resulted in no appreciable elimination of "al-qaeda", the ONLY way to eliminate the threat were to nuke 3 hypothetical muslim cities that harbored these evildoers, would you approve of this tactic? Yes or no. Giving any of your typical spin-fluff results in an immediate taser up your bum.

11. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "at least the good doctor knows that his line of debate is headed in a direction most liberals do not want to go -"
    You don't think I know you're schtick is or where it's headed? You can't even comprehend that a non-liberal could disagree with you. You paint me and nearly any other poster that disagrees with you as a liberal poster.

Your bias is so complete it blinds you. Though it is entertaining.
    You do make good points from time to time that I agree with, and I apreciate and respect your views. But you always revert back to baiting, black and white framing, and generalizations. Something I love to point out and mock, regardless of the political leanings of the poster.

"Take Care"!
    <sarcasm>
    Oh, and have you stopped beating your wife yet? Yes or no only please. </sarcasm>

12. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "at least the good doctor knows that his line of debate is headed in a direction most liberals do not want to go -"
    You don't think I know you're schtick is or where it's headed? You can't even comprehend that a non-liberal could disagree with you. You paint me and nearly any other poster that disagrees with you as a liberal poster.

Your bias is so complete it blinds you. Though it is entertaining.
    You do make good points from time to time that I agree with, and I apreciate and respect your views. But you always revert back to baiting, black and white framing, and generalizations. Something I love to point out and mock, regardless of the political leanings of the poster.

"Take Care"!
    <sarcasm>
    Oh, and have you stopped beating your wife yet? Yes or no only please. </sarcasm>

13. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]511185[/snapback]</div>
    posttraumatic stress episodes are nice too. why you would want to subject so many people to that by not only providing an indirect reminder which is usually sufficient, but to play the tapes over and over again... is beyond me.

psychological trauma for many is worse than physical trauma. i'd sooner break both my legs.

14. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]511185[/snapback]</div>
    posttraumatic stress episodes are nice too. why you would want to subject so many people to that by not only providing an indirect reminder which is usually sufficient, but to play the tapes over and over again... is beyond me.

psychological trauma for many is worse than physical trauma. i'd sooner break both my legs.

15. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Hey what happened to the original post of why 9/11 images are not shown?

Who changed the subj... wait a minute it was the Dr? Tsk tsk tsk

so back to the original question.

I don't need to be reminded that over 3000 people have died then and over 3000 since. I see it and hear it in some shape or form every day, don't you? How sad for you to suggest to reduce such an event to a media and ratings event that just MUST BE SEEN.

If you are trying to make the point of shaking awake the masses, you got another thing coming. America has moved on to more pressing things, such as the Brittney debacle at the MTV event only to be out done 2 days later by ... lets see oh yeah "Led Zeppelin to Perform Comeback Gig"

16. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Hey what happened to the original post of why 9/11 images are not shown?

Who changed the subj... wait a minute it was the Dr? Tsk tsk tsk

so back to the original question.

I don't need to be reminded that over 3000 people have died then and over 3000 since. I see it and hear it in some shape or form every day, don't you? How sad for you to suggest to reduce such an event to a media and ratings event that just MUST BE SEEN.

If you are trying to make the point of shaking awake the masses, you got another thing coming. America has moved on to more pressing things, such as the Brittney debacle at the MTV event only to be out done 2 days later by ... lets see oh yeah "Led Zeppelin to Perform Comeback Gig"

17. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Do we know where those targets are? do we have at least a decent probability that any attack we organize will be successful in that arena?

We went into Iraq because of al queda and WMD's, and when we got there we found neither. Oh sure, later al queda started operating there, but that was only made possible by the power vacuum left by our attack and occupation. So tell me, was the cost (billions of dollars, thousands of lives, and an immeasurable amount of political good will) worth the end result (a civil war, and a likelihood that the country will split and make neighboring countries, like Iran, stronger)?

I'd say sure, it's a priority. But only one, out of many. There are other priorities to be considered: Maintaining international goodwill. Maintaining/improving the economy. decreasing our countries reliance on foreign energy sources. the health of our citizens. This war in Iraq has had a serious negative effect on the other priorities of our country.

18. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Do we know where those targets are? do we have at least a decent probability that any attack we organize will be successful in that arena?

We went into Iraq because of al queda and WMD's, and when we got there we found neither. Oh sure, later al queda started operating there, but that was only made possible by the power vacuum left by our attack and occupation. So tell me, was the cost (billions of dollars, thousands of lives, and an immeasurable amount of political good will) worth the end result (a civil war, and a likelihood that the country will split and make neighboring countries, like Iran, stronger)?

I'd say sure, it's a priority. But only one, out of many. There are other priorities to be considered: Maintaining international goodwill. Maintaining/improving the economy. decreasing our countries reliance on foreign energy sources. the health of our citizens. This war in Iraq has had a serious negative effect on the other priorities of our country.

19. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]511304[/snapback]</div>
    This is RICH considering the source and his reputation for dishonesty and ignoring pertinent questions specifically directed at him over and over. If you saw yourself as you have led others to see you, you would never make such a statement about being 'honest' or a demand to just 'answer the questions'. Your opinions are yours, but you don't get to make demands on others when you can't meet those demands yourself. This shows further moral weakness.

20. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]511304[/snapback]</div>
    This is RICH considering the source and his reputation for dishonesty and ignoring pertinent questions specifically directed at him over and over. If you saw yourself as you have led others to see you, you would never make such a statement about being 'honest' or a demand to just 'answer the questions'. Your opinions are yours, but you don't get to make demands on others when you can't meet those demands yourself. This shows further moral weakness.