1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9 months + wait, Thinking about cancelling order

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dbarry, Jan 7, 2005.

1. metamatic

metamatic Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Took me one month to find a Prius. I did it by getting a list of every single Toyota dealer in New England, and working my way out checking each one. The ones who had a web site mentioning a Prius, I phoned. I also posted on various web forums asking for leads, and called any dealer people suggested as a possibility.

Don't wait, get out there and hunt down a Prius. It's worth it.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It seems the dam has burst. A lot of smaller non urban dealers have cars. Call around get family and friends to call in what you would consider a reasonable area. I think you will find a car.

3. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

So, as my sig says, I placed my order a couple of weeks ago and was told it would be 5-6 months. I called the dealer today on a whim, after reading here that sometimes that helps. Just checking in to see how the list is going, if their allocations have changed, etc. The sales manager says, "You're the one trading in the Pilot, right?" Yes, I am. "Oh..we'd really like to get that in here before winter ends. Let me see what I can do." He hasn't called back yet, but I have a feeling I've moved up in the world!

Lisa

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee we need some supply here... keep in mind that my local dealer cut back all of and cancelled half the fleet orders received for the car.

he said the state of WA alone would have taken up their entire allotment for 3 years if allowed to order what they wanted and my dealer has one of the biggest allotments in this area.