1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

90 % of the public are brain dead !!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larrysoossin, Apr 23, 2008.

1. larrysoossin

larrysoossin New Member

filling up my 07 prius a gentleman walks over to my car and says i wouldnt buy one batteries dont last! and bla bla bla ,then he says what kind of gas do i fill up with ? I said it dosent run on gas it runs on ignorance and you just filled up my tank, you gotta luv it .......

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    While the remark is funny I think it might have been better to steer him in the direction of the truth so that instead of just insulting him maybe you could have change his opinion which in turn causes him to speak more highly of the Prius to others. :)

3. larrysoossin

larrysoossin New Member

i agree however the bla bla bla i stated was he was going on that all the green people ruined the country and they are the reason why gas costs so much, sorry i have better things to do then convince this moron about the facts

4. theborghomeworld

theborghomeworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    i hate ignorance! well, that might be a little strong. it's not the ignorance itself, but the inability to listen to the other side and consider other points of view! grrr!! :whip:

the prius is awesome! all cars should be a little like the prius - reliability, flexibility, spaciousness, and great mileage too!

5. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After reading the title of the thread and then the OP's post, I at first thought it was a joke. Larry, if you are to claim 90% of the population is ignorant, then at least use a smidgen of proper grammar and punctuation. Any other post and I would dismiss the errors, but...

Rick
    #4 2006

6. larrysoossin

larrysoossin New Member

he saw my aviation material on the front seat when he looked in the window and asked if i was a pilot and i said i used to fly helicopters and now my son is, i was waiting for him to tell me his worldly opinion on that however he shutup and went away

7. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I keep hearing about the battery issue too. I just have to say, 3 months ago I didn't own a Prius or want to own a Prius. After my ego left me, I test drove a Prius and a Camry hybrid. I was sold immediately on the Prius. This guy is probably struggling with his high gas bill and trying to get right about going to a hybrid. First comes denial, then comes shame for owning a gas hog, and theeeennn........a test drive in a hybrid. Pump prices suck, just be happy that your bill is a little less then others and just smile at the rediculous ramblings of others because you know you made a great choice in the Prius! :rolleyes:

8. larrysoossin

larrysoossin New Member

viking31,

i have to agree with you, usually i type fast and never go back to correct it , i must slow down

thanks

9. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The proper response (in CA at least) is:

"The warranty on the battery is 10 years/150,000 miles, so why don't you check your facts before opening your pie hole and spewing ignorance, hillbilly."

10. neon tetra

neon tetra Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ig'nant people grind my gears as well.

But we were all ignorant at some point.

Even on this board... how many people would be driving Priuses is gas was still $1 a gallon? I bet it'd be a lot less.

11. larrysoossin

larrysoossin New Member

opening your pie hole and spewing ignorance, hillbilly."

that was great hahahahaha

12. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Direct people to the taxi fleet in British Columbia that has put over 400,000 miles on several Prii with the original batteries (discussion and photographs elsewhere on PC). This is far superior to any nonhybrid vehicle, even with the best 12V battery.

13. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know I have posted this before, but I told someone last summer about my first 600 mile tank. The guy I was telling goes after a short pause.... That really isn't all that good, I can get 750 - 800 miles on a tank in my F150. Completely being ignorant to the fact that he was talking about a 40 - 45 gallon gas tank vs a measely 11.9 gallon*.

14. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"
    :rolleyes:

Edit:

I know I have posted this before, but I told someone last summer about my first 600 mile tank. The guy I was telling goes after a short pause.... That really isn't all that good, I can get 750 - 800 miles on a tank in my F150. Completely being ignorant to the fact that he was talking about a 40 - 45 gallon gas tank vs a measely 11.9 gallon*.

And your 700+ mile tank may ONLY be able to use less than TEN gallons.

15. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My Dad once told me that opinions were like sphincters, everybody has one and they always stink

Usually the folks who walk up to you and spout bulls*** have an agenda. Maybe they just listened to a windbag like Rush or their preacher, convinced that all us hippie-folk with dem dere newfangled hybrid cars is ruinin tings fer de rest of us po folk

The thing about fuel *tank* range was actually started by advertising from GM and Ford, at least it was here in Canada. Lot of folks actually have tiny enough brains that they equate fuel tank range to fuel economy "hey, my F-150 gets just as good fuel economy as your Prius!"

I've only had several bottom feeders approach me over the past 4 years and sound off like that. It helps that I'm built like an ape and can usually just growl to make them run away

However, my favorite response was from an obvious bottom-feeding punk who claimed that gas would get cheap again and he'd use his lifted up Chevy to run me over.

He then got into his lifted Chevy, an older model, hit the starter, and popped the clutch. The thing stalled and wouldn't restart. I laughed a big belly laugh, powered up, and silently pulled away while he was grinding away at the starter

So why waste time explaining things? If somebody walks up and asks what fuel economy you're getting, or what the warranty is, fine. Otherwise, if they open their mouth and horse manure gushes out, tell them to STFU

16. larrysoossin

larrysoossin New Member

well said jayman !!!

17. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Next person that says the batteries wear out to soon, tell they are on sale at Sam's, Costco's, Wal Marts... You buy the bonus pack so you save money. If they ask what size, tell them AAA, they are small and the hundred or so it takes only weights a few pounds...

18. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I must confess that every so often I am waiting at a stoplight next to a lifted 4wd pickup truck and when the light changes, I leave them in the dust because those huge wheels and tires take a lot of energy to move from a standing stop. I know this is bad for my mileage, but I can't help myself.

Does this mean I'm a bad person? :evil:

19. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

:eek:

:lock1:

20. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If only it could run on ignorance....there is a never ending supply....:party: