1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

90k service for 08 touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mondrin, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Mondrin

Mondrin Junior Member

I'm finally at my 90k service for my 2008 touring (at 93k). I've had pretty minimal service needs up to now, outside of a few funky warranty replacements and recalls. My normal Toyota dealer is recommending a lot of services at 90k, which are not part of the posted schedule. I've read through a few posts here and many of these seem to be recommended, but I wanted to ask specifically and get some opinions before I got drop the cash. Please note that I don't have the time or comfort level to do car service myself.

I had the water pump, filters and engine coolant flushed at 60k. All other services were basic oil changes/rotations/inspections, outside of a few warranty/recall items.

Dealer recommends:
    Changing both filters - I agree
    Changing Inverter coolant - I've read this being done earlier than the 100k listed in the normal schedule
    changing transmission fluid - I've seen this recommended far earlier than I have, so I agree
    Throttle body cleaning - I've seen this recommended and it made a big difference on my older CRV - I agree
    Add in the inspections, oil change and rotation and it runs $645.

Is there anything else I should look at doing now? Anything I Shouldn't do?

Thanks for your advice!

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It looks like you're only questioning the changing inverter coolant. Get it done now, why wait for 7K miles to the recommended 100K service interval. With winter and the extra stresses it will give you peace of mind. Take care of your car and it will take care of you.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds reasonable, not sure about the price without a breakdown.