1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9L/100km Normal?

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by Carol_Kitchener22, May 12, 2021.

1. Carol_Kitchener22

Carol_Kitchener22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there,
    I just test drove a 2015 Prius v and am now realizing the mileage was showing between 8.8 and 9L/100km. We drove it for less than 15 minutes in a subdivision, I would say and it was 4C outside. That seems really high given we are buying the car for its mileage. Should we be concerned that there is something wrong with this vehicle?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No. Unless you were running the heater on HI or a higher temp (like 24 or 25°C) and the 15 mins were just slow speeds and the vehicle was cold soaked overnight outdoors before you test drove it. 15 mins is barely enough to get the engine up to operating temperature.

If the heater was blasting, the engine was probably running the entire time you test drove.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Did you reset a trip meter at the outset of your test drive? Even if not, the car being on dealership lot, having nothing but short test drives, lots of cold starts, it’s not unusual.

with our 3rd gen if I gas up and reset trip meter, it can start out with horrendous liters per 100 km displayed, the first few kms; it gradually stabilizes and settles downward, with some longer drives