1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A 3rd Toyota letter?--Aaron will pay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigbaldcuban, Jun 14, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I though you only got 2 letters from Toyota. However, as if part of aaron's evil plan to taunt me and flaunt his impending Prius arrival, I recieved a 3rd letter. It says:

"We are sending you this letter to let you know that your request for a Toyota Prius is still confirmed at your Toyota dealer"

Blah, blah, blah...because of its popularity, Prius availability and wait times are excessive and vary by geographic region due to production schedules and shipping times....blah, blah, blah.........

As if 161 days isn't enough of a reminder. Aaron, so help me if you hand a hand in this, not only am I ripping out your toenails, but I'll poke the open scab with a dirty stick.

2. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    classy! :pukeright:

3. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    At least you are getting letters from Toyota. After nearly 3 months I have heard nothing from Toyota. (And I was looking forward to getting the HSD key ring.)

I found out last Friday that my dealer has kept their list to themselves. I don't know if this is a dealer or regional thing. Has anyone here that is in the MI, KY, OH, TN region gotten any letters from Toyota?

4. drbob

drbob New Member

Yes, we got several letters from Toyota along the way. The first one wasn't received until we had been on the waiting list for almost 5 months. That was the "keychain" letter. We actually got at least one more but we knew that our car was on the way by then so we disregarded it.

5. miniracer

miniracer New Member

BBC: We're both at 161 days and I got that letter last week. There are three new Prii on my block - and what do I see this morning to further taunt me? The water utility district is working down around the corner - and what is the supervisor driving? A 2004 white Prius with the district logo on the side. ARRRRGGGG!!!

6. rocketman7

rocketman7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've been on the waiting list since December and haven't received a letter or keychain. BUT - I was told that my car was coming into port on June 11th and should be here by this weekend!! :D

7. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

manny - didn't you notice the postmark? i got hold of some toyota letterhead and i'm sending them to you myself!! :lol:

8. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've received the Keychan letter (around the end of March), the $300 price increase letter (sometime in April), and a "thanks for patiently waiting" (yeah, right) letter (around the end of April). I ordered from Tansky in Columbus, OH.

Just curious, which Cincinnati region dealer did you order from (and is apparently not sharing their list with Toyota HQ?

9. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Manny,

Are you counting the Keychain letter and the price increase letter as the other two, or are there other letters Toyota is sending out? Your description sounds much like a letter I received in late April, after ordering in early March. I'm not sure what any of this means, other than Toyota's way of saying "neener-neener You don't have a Prius yet." Grrr. :cussing: :guns: :evil: :tongue:

10. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

all i got was the keychain and letter. only one. but then, i haven't been priveleged to be on a list as long as manny has...

my dealer just called, must have manny's sense of humor. he said my car is most likely at the storage docks in new york harbor right now, probably since friday, meaning it's about 40 miles away.

unfortunately, i have to wait until they take it 600 miles away before i can actually touch it.

manny, can you just pull a couple of his toenails out please? i want him to be able to drive to the airport to pick me up.

11. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Performance Toyota, Memphis, TN

12. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

yep.

aaron, any services I do for you will require one free weekends use of your red 9

13. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

well, if you care to come here, you are welcome to drive it! :)

too bad you can't come on my adventure to pick up the car. we could terrorize the east coast!

14. LonsterMonster

LonsterMonster New Member

Hey, bigbaldcuban...

I've been tracking your progress since I've had my order in about as long as you have. Like you, I am now #1 on my dealer's list. I read your post this morning about your third letter. Since I had not received a third letter, I took it as a good omen that they were sending my car, so why send a letter? (Can you tell I'm futilely grasping at any possible good news?)

Unfortunately, when I picked up the mail this afternoon I found the dreaded Letter #3. I now have to apologize to all my neighbors for ripping down our mailbox station and chucking their mailboxes down the street.

I am trying to go to a happy place... :cussing:

15. drbob

drbob New Member

Well I had forgotten the "price increase" letter, so I guess I did get three altoghether. But like I said, our baby was already on the way so that third letter really meant nothing. Hang tough, guys!

16. m4prius

m4prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Keychain and 3 letters & holding since Feb 04...OHIO

17. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It seems we have a consensus that the keychain, the price increase letter, and the "thanks for waiting" letter make 3. If so what's the fourth letter about? Just curious....