1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C code after engine replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have code for Ac on in tec the system is dis charged. If I unplug compressors code is gone? Is this happening just because of the lack of oil and freon under pressure which is fine i'll charge it up later or is there another problem because other than it not being charged everything else is the same i've unplugged the compressor for right now and have no code i'm just trying to figure out whether the compressor is bad or whether it gets this code because it's just not charged up and all systems are go?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well I woila vac n haa maybe tommorow. And see if it works . I'm guessing with low press cut out active I imagine prius thinks elec issue in Ac system yup it hyh no pressure. And cut out switch is cutting power.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If it were up to me, you could vac n all the haas you wanted to ... whatever that means.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So the AC compressor is my original.my buddy left it in car be ause it was cooling so well. Upon reinstalling engine n trans . We Ac Orange plug is together i Get a P0AA6 526. Will not clear as long AC is plugged up. Battery is not hot no fan on but goes down alot faster W AC plug inserted. AC is not on . Car is

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A P0AA6 526 should not be cleared, and the car should be powered off and made READY again, When the ECU sees the P0AA6 526 (that's why you shouldn't clear it), it will make extra tests and should add another, more specific, INF code.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I think i've tried that but after awhile i need drive car i just unug Ac Orange plug clear and go i have to plug up Ac to make it code again . I've a 1398 for the Ac being unugged but envokes no lights on the 1000 miles we've driven . I will try this weekend to make the codes progress or something 49 mpg last 2 tanks . Just time to get Ac on oh well 09 ice cold for now

7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    What I think happened by my pictures when I did what you're talking about chapman is it went from the same hybrid battery code but the code for the air conditioner went from the 1398 to a 1370 something a communication error between the inverter air conditioner between i'll have to go look it up exactly and then after it did that I did clear it because I was getting ready to leave and wasn't going to be able to fool with it anymore I did get the air conditioner to come on for a minute and it got ice cold and then the errors were already on the dash while the AC was running while I had it plugged up the sight glass did what it was supposed to do that's how I knew it was my original compressor because my guy wouldn't have regassed up the other compressor if he put it in he would have just told me he did it so this is my original system basically that was working fine before the engine change

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    In a minute i will hang this other compressor and ground to frame and plug it up see if code follows