1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C for my dog while parked

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RhythmDoctor, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Kuffss

Kuffss New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Brilliant so the dog can be stolen?

2. Kuffss

Kuffss New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Have a 2005 Prius. We take our three dogs everywhere. All year long in New England. 90° out we take them with us. Even 10 degrees. The Prius or hybrid is fantastic for this. We stop & Go in for for an hour. The car is locked temperature control is set at 63 or whichever temperature is best. The entire back of the car is catered to the dog with their beds water and toys. It is the main reason I am now buying another hybrid. As a dog rescuer of 35 years, and dog sitter I'm never in the car without dogs. Not only are they cool but I always Park in front of a restaurant window where they also can be seen. Love the hybrid cars for this reason. I would never tie my dog's up outside anywhere. I have broken more than one window on a car taking my chances of getting in trouble. But when you see a dog in a car in distress there was no time to wait and call someone. Leaving the windows cracked does absolutely nothing on a hot day. Nothing! Best to leave your dogs at home if you do not have a hybrid or temperature controlled type of car to do this with. Now looking at the new Prius and hope to buy in the next two months. Thank you to all those who do take care of the dogs properly.