1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

a/c not working, but no a/c codes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by greasemonkey007, Sep 3, 2016.

1. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I took a look at a 2010 that has been wrecked on the front. It got a new used radiator support, condensor, radiator, etc. He said it worked for about 5 months and has quit working. He put a used compressor on it and charged it up. No luck. Then he changed the amplifier. Still no luck. When I put the laptop on it with techstream, it had no a/c codes. It did have some airbag codes due to him not replacing the airbag when he fixed the car up.

Going to the live data, I saw the target compressor speed was 0. I went to active test to try to turn the compressor on with no luck. While in active test, I was completely locked out of all fan and a/c related buttons. I couldn't turn anything up, down, or off with the controls. Once I canceled the active test, everything worked normally. I tried clearing codes and refreshing health check 3 different times but all the results were the same. No a/c codes. All lights on the buttons turned off and on normally unless I was in active test.

Any ideas?

2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]

no, seriously, no idea/ :(

3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Maybe you could get a better response from the Gen II thread. Considering the damage to the vehicle, I would suspect there is still a leak somewhere and system pressure is too low to start. Did the mechanic do a draw-down test for leaks? I don't know enough about Techstream to say whether it can disable the low pressure lockout.

4. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He said he pulled a vacuum and it held, so I didn't put the gauges on it.