1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A cruel truth may be sinking in about my Gen 2 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Chuck., Nov 22, 2016.

1. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sorry Valde, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm just trying to reconcile seemingly contradictory statements to understand your point of view.

Here it sounds to me like you favor more prioritizing of fuel consumption than Toyota did with the Prius:

But here it sounds to me like you favor prioritization of emissions as Toyota did, but only in the city:
    How do you reconcile wanting two slightly different strategies implemented in one and the same Prius?

Or are you saying that lower emissions is the better option for people in the big city, but screw them, a comparatively small CO2 reduction is more important?

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Basically I’m just telling my view on things. Just the same way this whole topic was started. I’m really not trying to advice Toyota on what to do.

But of course there would be a way to do this. For example you could use GPS.

3. GT4Prius

GT4Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Excel
  4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While 05PreeUs is not my daily driver, I can say that I have not experienced this. We do live in the country, so there are no trips shorter than 8 miles admittedly.....

In point of fact, regarding FE, I drove 05PreeUs 4.5 MILES yesterday on Electricity alone; Damned hard to beat that for FE.

5. Kate Harvest

Kate Harvest Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another PC member is fabricating little circuit boards you can piggybank onto the coolant temp sensor wire going into the ECU to get it to the ICE stops at a lower temperature... I've had one of these installed for about a year and a half now and am loving it.

A Prius ECT Spoofer MCU Controlled | PriusChat