1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

a few newbie questions :)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tlaine, Oct 4, 2007.

1. tlaine

tlaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    We made an appointment last night with the internet sales manager and we ordered our car. I had gotten several quotes from several other car dealerships in the area, there was one that refused to give me a quote unless they saw my trade in car first... well.. their loss *LOL* (the woman even set up an appointment for me to come in when I had said I would have to discuss it with my hubby first). One dealership let me set a price of 27,500, for a package 5 and they will add the leather and with carpet matts. That's below MSRP or close to it.. well it sure did beat the 28,838 quote that dealership first gave me. So I was able to go in to the other dealership last night that gave me the (28,100 for the package 6) and try to get the same quote as the other, and they were able to do it. I feel like we got a good deal, they are super nice at the place we ordered from and we really wanted to get it from there.

Though I have one question, when we were going over the order, he had it marked down as a Touring edition, where me and my husband had decided we weren't going to go with a Touring. But the salesman said that for our area, package 5 and 6 that have the Nav system only come with Tourings.

Even though it's a bit higher than most people have paid on this forum for the car, I feel like we got a good price, maybe not the best we could have, but we're happy with it. :)

I just cant wait for our Magnetic Grey, package 5 with added leather and matts come in! :D

2. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You do know a Pkg #6 itself has an MSRP of $27.734, correct?

3. tlaine

tlaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    these are the prices that I get on toyota.com for my zip code

Touring package 5 w/ leather seats + carpet mats = $ 28,388.00

Touring package 6 (has leather) + carpet mats = $ 28,309.00

non-Touring package 5 w/ leather seats + carpet mats = $ 27,868.00

non-Touring package 6 (has leather) + carpet mats = $ 27,789.00

Yes, the price they quoted for us for, I'm assuming now, a Touring with package 6 (I dont think that included the mats) was $28,100 and he said they could not come down from that price.

4. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can get all-weather mats (identical to Toyota's) for $90 on e-bay from time to time.

5. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tlaine @ Oct 6 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]522142[/snapback]</div>
    tlaine,

I paid $26,150 for a '08 Touring Pkg 6 with all-weather mats. MSRP on the car was $28,110. Sounds as if your area dealers are still charging premium prices.

6. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sliderule @ Oct 9 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]523271[/snapback]</div>

Wow, that seems like a great deal! Where did you get that at? Was that w/o trade in?